TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sarah679 Offline
ella xx
Not a n00b

snorting them? - July 16th 2010, 02:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok, not sure if this is the right place, but anyway.

so i was wondering if i crushed up my anti-depressants, pain killers, sleeping tablets etc and snorted them. would they be more effective? work better? work quicker?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: snorting them? - July 16th 2010, 03:10 PM

It's a bad idea to tamper with drugs, you could get seriously hurt. I don't actually know with these particular drugs, but I do know some horrific things that have happened before when people don't use them as instructed..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lindsay

Re: snorting them? - July 16th 2010, 03:26 PM

Sidonie is absolutely right. It is really dangerous to mess with presription drugs. If you are really worried about the effectiveness or the speed your drugs will work you should talk to your doctor.

"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder

My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: snorting them? - July 16th 2010, 03:43 PM

Hey,

I don't know about this particular drug but I know that it is dangerous to snort anything. Our noses aren't made to take in any type of drug etc, that is why they get damaged. You can do serious harm to yourself and even disfigure your face by snorting things. Medicines are prescribed to take a certain way for a reason; to keep you healthy and safe. I wouldn't take them in any other way than you were instructed by a doctor. I don't know 100% but I doubt snorting them would make them more effective or faster.

PM // VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: snorting them? - July 16th 2010, 08:21 PM

In answer to your question, I'm not sure. But even if it is quicker, the damage to your mucus membrane would not be worth it. Nosebleeds, losing sense of smell, losing sense of taste... All things that can (and usually do) happen to Cocaine users, and things that could happen to someone snorting pills as well.

Plus, the idea of snorting can become addictive, causing you to cause further damage by moving on to drugs, or taking too much of your medications.

So overall, it'd be a very bad idea.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: snorting them? - July 17th 2010, 06:43 AM

Cocaine users snort the cocaine because the drugs travel through different pathways so less of it will be absorbed by the liver (i.e. stronger effect, may last longer too). You wouldn't want to do this though because although they may have a stronger affect, it's not the affect that was intended. You will also get some nasal damage from snorting the medications as a side-effect in addition to other possible side-effects from the actual medications.

The route of administration is important because the same medications can be taken several different ways and each way, the person will experience different effects.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Adam Offline
Stand in the rain...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: snorting them? - July 17th 2010, 11:19 AM

Hey there,

I've just marked this as triggering due to the topic of substances (:

I reallly don't think it is a good idea to intake your medication using this method. Drugs are designed to be taken by the way they are prescribed. Taking them any other way or through any other method can have really bad effects on your body. You should ALWAYS discuss with a doctor before you think about taking medication differently

Katrina's NERD.
[/color] [/b][/color] [/right]

Closed Thread