TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

I can feel it.... - July 18th 2010, 02:24 PM

I have this dream often of a zombie apocalypse. I don't even have the strength to watch zombie movies anymore for fear that I'll get idea's from it. I wouldn't care quite so much if I didn't feel every bit of the pain in my dream while I'm still asleep. It seems quite real to me until I wake up wide-eyed taking deep breathes from getting my throat ripped off. My dream starts when the world is already turned and I'm all alone and everyone around me is turned. I run as fast as I can, but where I'm at, there is never anywhere far to run. I'm always caught, then I have to feel that pain as I get my throat ripped out and wake up. They always seem to last forever also so I can never go back to sleep to shake it off. I feel completely shaken for the rest of the day. I now just woke up from one of these dreams and I still feel my legs tingling. What do I do to stop these nightmares?

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I can feel it.... - July 18th 2010, 02:52 PM

Well, first of all, try not to eat anything for at least two or three hours before you go to sleep. That should help but that's really the only advice I can give.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: I can feel it.... - July 18th 2010, 11:38 PM

Hi Kiersten,

That certainly sounds scary! Sometimes nightmares, particularly repetitive ones, are triggered by something going on in your life. It can be your subconscious's way of saying, "Hey! Something's not right here!" Is there something you know of going on that's bothering you?

The user falling_x recently posted an intriguing thread about interpreting dreams and nightmares that perhaps you would find interesting. It is located here, if you wish to take a gander.

Take care! xx

Closed Thread