TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

So...maybe I AM insane? - August 12th 2010, 08:46 PM

So, my fiancee has brought it to my attention lately that over the last month my mood has deteriorated. I am moody and crying more. I have more episodes of wanting cut or contemplating suicide even. I am irritable and certain thoughts or events can set me off into my spiral. It's like i am trying so hard to keep myself balanced on this little edge, and the slightest thing can send me tumbling down. She also says that when i am not moody I can tend to be hyper and...manic basically.

Well, I am homeless right now and sometimes I just see myself stuck in the shelter with no way out and just trying to claw my way out of this economic pit. I try to stay positive but it gets harder with every failed opportunity. I feel like I am getting nowhere fast. As for my Hyperness...I have been diagnosed with ADHD since i was 6. so when my mood is good my hyperactivity has a chance to come out. I am not medicated for it at the moment because well...i don't have money for a pack of gum, let alone controlled substances.

Anyways...My fiancee says these symptoms are alot like her mom and her aunt, both of whom are diagnosed with Bi-Polar. I don't see myself as having bi-polar though...I am cycling way too fast for bi-polar. I can be happy by 4pm and depressed and crying by 8pm. and it is usually caused by some outside influence. She wants me to go to a free clinic to see if i can get some help. but i don't NEED help..If i can get a job, I can get my meds and I won't be depressed...that's it.

Isn't it? I don't know. She told me this and I flipped out telling her that I am bad, evil, don't deserve her, blah blah blah... I don't want to be one of those people who needs a pill or two to get though the day. I don't want to be cycling or depressed for no good reason, just because my neurotransmitters are out of whack. I like being able to say that I am homeless, but i can fight it. how can i fight and resist my mood swings if my brain itself is messed up? I don't want to become a bad Fiance because of this. I don't want to be doped up or even pass this onto my kids someday. If it is a hardware issue with the brain..it is genetic and can be passed to kids... And I don't want to accept that.

Ok...rant over. Should i go to the clinic and see the therapist? See what if anything they can do for me for free, even if it is just listen to me?

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: So...maybe I AM insane? - August 13th 2010, 08:01 PM

I understand how scary it can be when people first point out 'abnormal' mood patterns, I do think it sounds quite important that you go and see what they can do for you, like you say, even if it's just to listen.. As a professional, they should have more experience and be able to tell you what is normal and not.. && hopefully will be able to give you some ideas on how to control it a bit more, try not to stress yourself out over the bipolar stuff, many disorders can look similar or to be honest it could just be a circumstance problem, being homeless and stuff I'm sure is very stressful.. Either way talking to someone with the experience could be very useful for you.
Good Luck. x

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
Closed Thread