TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katy*LOL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katy

Red face Aspergers... good or bad??? - August 13th 2010, 02:49 AM

I am 17 years old and I have Aspergers Syndrome. It makes feel different and makes everyday challenges ALOT harder for me. It's hard for me to make friends and people bully me about. They call me retard, and things like I'm "not cool enough". This is very hurtful to me.
On the other hand, I am very brainy for the average 17 year old ( IQ=138... if this makes any difference) I love writing poetry, I suppose I'm good at it too. I love playing brain games and things like that.
What I want to know is Aspergers a thing or a bad thing for some one like me? For a female; when the majority of people with Aspergers are male??????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Aspergers... good or bad??? - August 13th 2010, 03:54 AM

Hey, first of all, welcome to the site!

Second of all, Asperger's is not a bad thing at all. I know a few people with Asperger's and they are wonderful in thier own special way. Don't let others put you down and you do what you do best. All it means is that you think differently. It doesn't make you dumber at all. Actually, anyone with a disability is not dumber than those 'normal' people. The people that tease you probably don't understand. Forget them and make some new friends.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Random_Hero Offline
Not a n00b

Name: armand

Re: Aspergers... good or bad??? - August 13th 2010, 05:30 AM

i have aspergers as well its realy cool to see a chick with it too ... i get into guitar and drawing ... anyway to answer your question yes it is never bad to be an aspie be proud of it and you know i think you sound cool ....i know allot of aspies dont get to social but i figure if you need a freind or someone to tslk with about it just pm me ....i rly hope you do i have been needing a freind :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to Random_Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Random_Hero 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
olivecrayon Offline
self-destructive little girl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Aspergers... good or bad??? - August 24th 2010, 06:11 PM

Firstly stop thinking of it as a good or bad thing: it's a different thing.
Like some people are good at math and some people are good at sport.
Okay bad analogy, but you see where I'm coming from.
Socially you may be different, but your mind works in interesting and amazing ways, just as important and unique as anyone else's.
You have a lot to offer the world, and although people can be immature in school, I promise that in the long run you will find people you connect with on different levels and who accept and love you, it's just trickier and takes time.
Enjoy doing what you love, try your best and don't let ignorant people get you down when you can be focusing on bigger and better things

Closed Thread