TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

mood swings - August 18th 2010, 05:11 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

okay so sometimes i get these really bad mood swings when i could be happy as a duck in water then all of a sudden i get upset and angry and irrated for the smallest fricken reason, usually i just hold it all in but then after a while i just explode and get mad...but today i was trying to hold back tears so bad in the grocery store...and i wasn't sure why...like i felt bad because i wanted to go to jujitsu and i was going to as well but i decided it'd be best to give myself an extra day for my wrist to heal besides my back was killing me but i just got so upset for no good reason...and i am just really irratable all the time...i know i have had depression for quite a while right now not so bad but some days it creeps up on me and chokes me from behind, im going to my dads doctor in october to find out if i really do have depression...but how do i deal with this...lately music gives me a headache even on the lowest level... im not close to my period yet and i always get like this...i do more exciersize than i used to and im in MMA now...but everything still gets me to...about my mom not being here though im not sure if its good or bad...i feel like i go out on the street and everyone knows i dont have a mom (well not living with me anyway) its so confusing im just so frustrated all the time my dad bitches im so negative but i cant help it i feel im a realist...i always look at the reaction and consequences of EVERYTHING! it sucks...i even meditate from time to time to stop thinking so much nothing seem to work for more than a few hours

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
keo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: mood swings - August 18th 2010, 01:35 PM

Hey,

well to begin with the exercising and meditation are really good things to be doing. I'd suggest keeping them up. Also, make up sure to ave a healthy balanced diet, and especially avoid things like caffeine - this can have a strong impact on moods.

I don't know that much about you, but you mention your mother leaving? That must be tough. It seems like thats impacting a lot on your life - especially with going on the street thing. Is there anyone in your life you can talk to about that stuff? You don't even have to know what to say, just talk about your mum and how your confused about what to feel and things. Getting it off your chest could help a lot, because it seems like that could really be impacting your moods.

Or, if there isn't someone you feel you can talk to (and this is not an ideal situation) perhaps try to just think about what you'd say to someone if you were talking about it? Think about how you feel confused, and how you'd explain whats happening to someone else.

I know this stuff isn't really related to moods exactly, but the stuff thats happening in your life is clearing having an impact on your moods.

good luck, PM me anytime

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: mood swings - August 19th 2010, 04:07 AM

yeah, already i been getting some serious results from my MMA training, i havent lost any weight yet but i am starting to get somewhat toned biceps again slowly but surely, and my mood is great after EVERY song ont he radio is a good one even the ones i hate, and tho its total punishment on my body after words i just feel strong and confident...and balanced diet is the hardest part of my lifestyle because it is not just my lifestyle to change it is my dad too...and theres only two of us and neither of us ever feel like cooking...but we are trying to make the change...and yes my mom does have an impact on my life though i deny it...

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

Closed Thread