TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mrsomething Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My Conscience Wants to Destroy me - August 23rd 2010, 11:47 AM

Iíve had this problem for ages now, 12 or so months. But you know the little voice in your head that tells you what to do and what not to do. (Some people call it your consciences) Yeah? Well mine is screwed. Itís constantly trying to make me feel guilty for even the tiniest little thing or just generally trying to turn me into a mental wreck. In fact, if I didnít have it, I bet nothing would even faze me.

Iím fine with all that, my conscience is pretty easy to beat. But the one thing it always beats me in is this.
My conscience has this habit of sometimes when Iím around boys, old men, or basically anyone which I DONíT want to think about sexually. My conscience decides its going to visualise me kissing them! What the hecks up with that! (I should note Iím male, heterosexual)
On top of that, I pride myself in being a person who accepts all people equally (gay, black, Asian, whatever, In my mind theyíre no different from anybody else.) But how the heck do I do that when mind keeps randomly makes racist comments from no where. I canít control it at all.
But the absolute worst thing about my conscience, Is that it is constantly making sexual innuendos, suggestive comments about my mother and not mention saying Iím in love with her! Itís not true, I completely reject the idea, but it still keeps saying stupid stuff about mum which I never want to hear. And itís driving me insane! It just refuses to shut up!
Iíve tried tons of things but it just wont go away!

Any reply is helpful thank you, Iím happy to answer anything your curious about.
Thank you for listening so far.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: My Conscience Wants to Destroy me - August 23rd 2010, 06:28 PM

Hey there.
I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with this, I know it's hard.
As it happens, I have a voice in my head that I can't really control either. It does pretty much the same as yours does by making mean and hurtful comments about people I have no problem with. It tells me that the most ridiculous things are my fault and I should be punished for them. It's really outrageous some of the time.
Up until now I did my best to ignore it by turning the music up, singing or speaking really loud in my head to drown it out. I even argue back which sounds kinda insane.
I think it might be a good idea for you to speak to someone though because there are some mental health disorders that can cause this and if you speak to a doctor they'll be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you and treat you for this. Some symptoms like hearing voices stem from depression so sometimes it can be something as easy as taking some meds that can stop it, other times it could be more complicated.
I really hope you get some help for this, it's not fun to have a voice you can't control.
PM me if you ever want to talk.

~ Nat

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mrsomething Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Conscience Wants to Destroy me - August 27th 2010, 12:23 PM

Oh, Thank you so much for your reply, thanks to you I was able to follow all my symptoms down through websites and forums, and i've managed to link this all the way down to OCD! Now that i know I have a disorder, This will be alot easier to deal with, I refuse to let this beat me, and as soon as i get the chance i'm going to see a psychologist about it.
Thanks for your help ^^

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: My Conscience Wants to Destroy me - August 27th 2010, 01:13 PM

Be careful about self-diagnosing though!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: My Conscience Wants to Destroy me - August 27th 2010, 01:50 PM

ya for the longest time when i was younger i had the saem issue it was really weird, even now sometimes it acts up and completely random thoughts, or vivid pictures and comments pop up into my head, which i would normally never think or say. I think its just a normal thing, for alot of ppl i have talked to have said that its happened to them too. I got to think as long as you dont act on them, then you should be fine. But now that i am older it basicly doesnt happen, aside from once in a blue moon. I found the place thing is to ignore it when it happens, force yourself to think of something else, or quickly busy yourself with something and after awhile it seems to go away.
It reall is a weird thing though, but at least it happens to ALOT of ppl, so it isn't completely messed up.

Closed Thread