TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: K

Exclamation Stressed lately - August 26th 2010, 04:34 AM

Ok I'm not sure where this would go so I'm putting it in this category.

The past couple of days have been hectic for me. I had to go to a funeral yesterday of a classmate (see under Death and Grieving; "Still having a hard time") and since yesterday morning I have been feeling extra stressed to the point of feeling light-headed. Like, I guess it's anxiety from the stressful situation and just starting school and all. Earlier something made me scared for a sec (can't even remember now) and I felt a little short of breath along with the light-headedness. And even now I'm feeling stressed and nervous and there's not even anything going on.

Now to the point...What are some things I could do to help relieve this stress? I have so much on my mind right now with school and everything. If there's anything else that could help y'all come up with something then just ask me

~K~

Last edited by eyes_of_an_angel; August 26th 2010 at 04:58 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lyricfreak Offline
lyricfeak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lisa

Re: Stressed lately - August 26th 2010, 11:51 AM

Try just taking some time out for yourself.
Put on some relaxing music and let your mind go empty.
That always helps me.
You can get some good guided relaxation stuff on Youtube.
Have a long bubble bath and read a good book. You need to take some time to let your mind rest, or the stress will just take over.
I hope you feel better soon, and if you need to talk, PM me.
Keep smiling, and dont let it get on top of you.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."
Mother Teresa

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."
Linda Sunshine

"He who sings scares away his woes."
Cervantes

Send a message via MSN to lyricfreak  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Stressed lately - August 26th 2010, 09:57 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend *hug* well first off deep breaths, now a few ways to help relax and curb some of this stress, a nice relaxing hot scented bath (i know it sounds cliche, but it does work) Eating alittle more healthy also decreaces stress, by providing the body with the right foods such as, veggies, fruits, low fat meats liek chicken, fish, turkey etc. taking a multi vitimin etc. Helps the body in all aspects and if the body is running good the mind works better too. Phyical activity also helps relief stress, walking, jogging, hiking, working out, marital arts, yoga, etc. Also being outside somewhere peaceful (that you find peaceful) can also help relax you. Hope this helps.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: Stressed lately - August 27th 2010, 12:43 AM

Right now it sounds like your body is in an alerted state. You went through a tough situation and that can cause you to enter a hyper-vigilant state. This stress and anxiety is a way for your body to cope.

I like the advice of the previous posters. Additionally I would suggest perhaps a back rub.

Additionally if you could find the root of the stress that may help you to feel better. Affirm to yourself that you are safe. Take a couple deep breaths. Consider meditating or praying. Both actions can be very therapeutic and will help to lower your stress level.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: K

Re: Stressed lately - August 27th 2010, 05:08 AM

Thanks to all of you!! I'm feeling better today although I'm still a little stressed. The nice long hot bath helped a lot! Also I took some time to draw last night (which i haven't done in soooo long!) I drew for about an hour and that really helped big time! I think that's why I am better today. Plus before I decided to draw i talked on the chat on here nothing specific, just random conversation :P but anyway, again thank you everyone! I'll update again after I try more of the suggested things to do

~K~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Stressed lately - August 27th 2010, 06:28 AM

Awesome, i am glad those things are helping, and that your doing better today.

Closed Thread