TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~*Rach*~ Offline
FREE HUGS! :D
Not a n00b

My 'Friends' What about yours? - August 30th 2010, 08:48 AM

.... Ok so.... Im Rachel for those who dont know me.
I have two friends.... Grace who I can see, but no one else can.... And Lucy who I can only hear.
I recently told my Mum about both Grace and Lucy and got put on anti pyscotics....(is that how u spell it???) But got taken off them

When I was younger I was put in hospital several times for suicide intent.
But it was so traumatic.... I PTS from it says my counsellor..... I just cant go back there

Anyways I always think it cant get worse....
But Lucy and Grace tell me to do stuff.... Bad stuff.... They are mean..... But (and I dont know how to explain this in a way that you will understand) I like having them around.... Yes they are mean and scarey but I dont feel alone when they are around.

I just wondered..... has anyone ever had experiences like this??? Did you listen to your 'friends'??? Should I listen to mine??? If not how did you ignore them???

Sorry Im just so confused, lost and hurt with everything...

Thanks in advance,
Rach
xxxxxxxx

Smile!!
You are gorgous! Always remember that
Feel Free to PM me any time.
"The fear of fighting is a fighting fear"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: My 'Friends' What about yours? - August 30th 2010, 01:33 PM

Rachel,

If they are telling you to do bad things then you should probably not listen to them. My uncle has had this experience. Schizophrenia. He sees and hears things that are not there.

Ignoring them can be difficult and most people need to be on medication like you were previously on. However there are cases of people being able to recognize which people or things in their life are not real and being able to move passed it and ignore them. This is something you'd have to talk with a qualified professional such as a psychiatrist. Normally I'd say, "sure, you can go to a normal doctor if you can't see a psychiatrist". In this case, I would not suggest that. You'd need the specialized knowledge that a psychiatrist has. They'll be able to properly diagnose and treat your issues.

I would also suggest reaching out to those around you. If you can build up a good support network you won't need these projections for company.

I hope things turn around for you and you can find out everything about what is happening. Have a great day!

-Chris

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: My 'Friends' What about yours? - August 31st 2010, 09:14 AM

+1
Thanks Chris for that amazing post!

I find it extremely interesting and I am curious how schizophrenia starts.

Closed Thread