TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
supermason Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question I think to much ( PLEASE HELP) - September 21st 2010, 03:22 AM

Im so lost in my life and its been like this ever since...well ever.. its gotton more complicated throughout life. My whole life i have thought to much and now that i know so much theres SO much im not sure what is right anymore like if im weird and stuff like feelings, girls, life in the future, how i look and much more. right now i just feel empty inside i dont know how to deal with my feelings There is also a girl i like when i know she doesnt like me back and has a boyfriend. of course i have tried to think of every way i could possibly get her. And idk anymore. i want a girl that is arty creative and all but will help me not be so shy and also just love me for me. all the girls i have dated have just fallen for me and some of them are very very attractive so what im doing must be right i guess but i still havnt found #1. My feelings are not accounted for by anyone cept for one of my many friends named sarah. she helps me understand myself better. and right now i feel stupid making a thread bout my life idk.. i just want to be normal .. doing so i keep the weird things i have to tell people inside me. I have gotten better telling people my feelings but the things eating me are the things i dont know i need to tell. ALSO songs and people change the wat i think so when someone says i suck at sumthing i love it hurts and make me think more! like singing or drawing or just playing a instrament i love all of those things to death and yet theres always someone who puts me down. PLS try your best to read im putting stuff down as i go.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: I think to much ( PLEASE HELP) - September 21st 2010, 06:23 AM

Seemed to me like you're a very Intrapersonal type of person. InTRA meaning that you reflect often. You think about yourself and things about your life more that Interpersonal people do, they think about others. Sometimes InTRApersonal persons have both abilities.
It's not a bad thing that you think so much, it just mean's that you're very observant about your life. You have to learn to control how you deal with your thoughts. It sounds like you're often putting yourself down, that's no good. Don't listen to what others think or say, you are you. You can't change that. You gotta live with you, they don't.
Try to think of your reflecting as a super power. Some people don't have the ability to reflect as well as you may. You seem like a smart guy and I'm sure one day you will find an artsy female. Don't sell yourself short because of of the things you reflect on.

You will constantly improve who you are, that's just human nature. Also, you're 14... you seem pretty mature, but you've got a lot of experiencing and a lot of years to go before things start to get really interesting. I'd just relax. Take life as it comes. One day at a time.

Colours De Moi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lovechild777 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mindie

Re: I think to much ( PLEASE HELP) - September 24th 2010, 02:43 AM

I think you should think less about a relationship and more about helping yourself, you obviously have things in your life you need to deal with. All the best.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost_InTheStars Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Carina

Re: I think to much ( PLEASE HELP) - September 24th 2010, 03:14 AM

Hey I know how ur feeling. Seems like we have alot in common. Like's just imposible to not overthink anything. And so hard to find people who can totaly understand you and your comfortable with. Ive only got a couple, and they live pretty far away.Anyway, I'd love to talk anytime!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I think to much ( PLEASE HELP) - September 28th 2010, 07:35 AM

Is the problem that you overthink things or is the problem that you want to discuss certain issues with others and learn more?

Get a notebook and try to break down your thinking into very specific questions. Then brainstorm places where you can get answers to these questions. You would be amazed at what you can find on the internet. Most likely there are answers to the questions that you are wondering about, you simply don't know how to find those answers, or the people who know them.

Some particular websites that can help you to talk to others are livejournal and yahoo groups. These websites are great because they are interest based, so if you have a particular interest you may find others who share it. Also, don't forget to try Yahoo Answers, as they sometimes come up with some great stuff.

If the problem is simply that you are thinking too much and not acting enough, think of one thing you are overthinking and take one action step every day to solving this problem.

Closed Thread