TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 02:26 AM

I think I'm just loosing it, but I've been diagnosed with mood disorder nos. My doctor said he thinks it's some form of bi-polar, but not sure which. Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly would classify a manic episode. I'm wondering if today would be one, or am I just loosing it? I mean, I've had days like this before, but not in a long time, and I've been off my medicine for about a week now too. Btw I'm on an anti-depressant as well as a mood stabilizor.

Anyway, this morning I was in my biology lab with one of my friends and we got into a fight over the stupidest thing, so dumb it's not worth me explaining. Anyway, we were both at fault, but with the way she was handling it... for some reason I went off and started yelling at her. I shot off, right there in class. Now my friend basically hates my guts and just gives me evil glares. The bad thing is, we're roommates. I'm also not interested in talking to her either. I know I'll loose it.

Then, I got into a huge fight with my boyfriend. I hit, punched, slapped, elbowed, bit(yes, like a dog), and shoved him violently. Again it was over something small, but I had no control. I even drew blood, twice. It was like a sudden rush had come over me. Like I could control my brain and I have to scream everything out over and over again. I cried when I calmed down some, then would go straight back to go at him. My boyfriend told me I am 'dangerous'.

Then I was put straight into a good mood. I've been horny, jittery, restless, racing thoughts, rushed speaking, and supreamely goal-oriented, which is unlike me.

Now, my friend/roommate, has brought OUR friends in the room, and I hear them talking and my anger is rising up significantly. My friends aren't even saying hello to me.... All day it's been like this. And all of this stuff is to the extreame. All in a row, with no breaks. I've never had this type of stuff last for so long! Normally my moods shift fast, and don't last long. Today, it hasn't ceased. With little sleep last night and the night going on, when normally I'm tired, I feel more awake than ever.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 04:28 AM

Well, if you're on anti-depressants and mood stabilizers, these kinds of things may be symptoms of a withdrawl, actually.

When people withdraw from medications/drugs, they act irrational. They can snap easily, their minds will focus energy differently, etc. In fact, when someone is withdrawing from any kind of drug, a professional struggles to put a diagnosis on them, because of the fact that a withdrawl can look a lot like Bipolar or Schizophrenia.

Maybe giving an idea of how you are when you're ON the medications can help with rationalizing whether its withdrawl, or symptoms of mental illness.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 03:22 PM

It may be withdrawl. I can still have all these symptoms while I'm on my meds, but it's more often and more intense since I have stopped. The other thing is, this isn't the first time I've quit taking them. Usually, I just get really sick for a few days (already did and better now).

Perhaps the withdrawl is just making me worse?

Or maybe I am just loosing it. I'm going to get back on them though, and see what happens. My doctor said they're supposed to mellow me out. idk.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AJC Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 03:27 PM

Why did you stop taking your medication?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 04:07 PM

I think that you should get back on your meds as they are there to help you with how your day was today. If you were violent with your boyfriend then you are dangerous to both your safeties, I think you need to be back on the meds. How come you stopped taking them?

I think you need to try and relax and cool off. After a while maybe try talking to your friend and explain what is going on. Maybe she might understand. Same with your BF, explain what is going on.

It very well could be that withdrawals are making it worse. If you don't like the meds you're on, maybe try asking your doctor to switch them? The thing is, they are very important to take. And they have to be taken right for them to work effectively.

Take care.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Manic episode or flat out loosing it? - October 19th 2010, 07:45 PM

If your behaviour is no different on medication, you should tell the doctor. Either they need to try different medications, or they have the wrong diagnosis.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread