TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Healing_Me Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becka

random thoughts and quick question - December 2nd 2010, 02:28 AM

ladeda...ever have one of those nights where your just stuck in your head. everything becomes too stressful that you hide away, sit in your room and do nothing. at least nothing productive. instead you find every way possible to procrastinate in the laziest way, the ways that use the least amount of thinking energy. this is one of those nights. im not sure what im doing at the moment besides waiting until i fall asleep so i dont do anything destructive.

is it normal to miss your counselor? mine was only an intern at my school and i only talked to him for about a month. yet i find myself missing him all the time. He was someone who i was beginning to trust and tell things to. someone who i was beginning to think believed me about having actual problems..not always consistent problems but idk. can't quite make sense of these things. haha im in a sadistic mood at the moment, or at least thats what i consider this mood, dangerous area. its so close to bad habits/addictions, so close to cracking and crying, but can just as easily be pushed to the other side with sleep and buried. buut anyways, my question is, is it normal to miss talking to your counselor even if you can easily go to the health center and see the permanent one?
  Send a message via AIM to Healing_Me  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: random thoughts and quick question - December 2nd 2010, 07:18 AM

Hey Becka-

Yeah, I think it's normal to miss your counselor. You confide in them things you might not normally tell anyone, and they become a huge part of your life in my opinion. I don't see my old therapist anymore and I really miss her, and used to look forward to having sessions with her.

If you're feeling in a destructive mood you should try finding something to distract yourself. In my experience, just laying there puts you into an even worse mood and more and more down. It can be hard to find the energy or motivation to do something productive, or at least something to get your mind off of things for a bit. Play a game on the computer, look up random facts, hang out in the chat room, look at some of the forum games in the chit-chat section here, etc. I usually feel like I can motivate myself to do things on the computer.

I think you should at least be seeing some kind of counselor right now especially with the way you're feeling now. And it seems like a counselor was able to be helpful before, you can find someone who can help you out again. If you don't like the permanent one(s) where you're at, search around and try to find someone you can really connect with again. While you're old counselor is irreplaceable, you'll find someone who is awesome in other ways as well. =)

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better <3
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

Closed Thread