TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Colette Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Need some serious help and advice..PLEASE! - December 6th 2010, 06:20 PM

Ok, life hasnít been great for me over the last couple of years.
Ive dealt with my dad becoming an alcoholic, which caused my parents to CONSTANTLY ARGUE!
My mum getting depression and anxiety and leaving work.
My nan passed away after having cancer for years.
my dadís continuous reckless behaviour which has caused me to HATE him!
A serious family feud which is stopping me seeing some of my family.
My mum attempting suicide :í(
My brother disappearing for days, then finally coming home, only to do the same thing again. (He disappeared last christmas eve and it took hours to find him but we finally did)
My brother being kicked out from our houseÖ.Only to move back in months later to find out his girlfriend is pregnant (Which i guess is a good thing but itís very stressful)
My dad taking drugs EVERYDAY!
Also;
Losing my bestfriend (She just didnít want to be friends with me anymore so she left me)
Having to hang around with people who constantly ***** about peopleÖeven eachother behind their backs.
Becoming scared to participate in class, canít talk to anyone apart from my friends.
Known at school at the one that donít talk.
Having low self esteem..
There are many more to do with school but they just sound stupidÖ

Some of these may seem soÖsilly to some of you out there but all of this together has caused me serious harm emotionally.
Itís difficult to get on with life because every time i try toÖ something else will happen.
My grades have been seriously slipping since all of this, I have been moved down 2 sets in maths.. i WAS once in the top set! I would get top marks and now i get Eís and D-. Its not like im not trying because i ALWAYS try my best.. but now all the stress has caused these grades. Iím 14 & a half, Iím doing my GCSEís and i canít copeÖ i seriously canít!
Like the other day for one of my subjects, i got a UÖ.That seriously bad.
Basically iím asking for adviceÖ For help! What can i do to make things better? I canít talk to my parents about it and they canít know!
The bad thing about it is that i have nobody to talk to about it.

Iíve tried self harm.. iím not going to lie.
I got a blade from a sharpener and cut my armÖ i was going to do it again until i thought ĎWhat am i doing?í I thought that there are better ways of making everything go away and i didnít want my parents to see any marks.
But then.. only a week later, i did it again.. got the blade and cut myself. (the blade isnt big, its small and thin but i does make a fierce cut!)
Then my parents would see cuts on me and i would just look at the cat and they would think the cat did it.
So then i started MAKING the cat scratch me by annoying her, it is less hassle for when people notice and the cat scratches/Bites go deeper and work better than actually using a blade. But honestly, i doesnít effect the cat, she is so vicious and she just sees it as playing.
So now i just get the cat to do it, if i canít then i use keys, my nails and any other sharp object!
Also i will hit myself and leave bruises

Who can i talk to about this? What should i do? I need help with this!
My life is seriously going downhill and my mind is going crazy..PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for reading

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: Need some serious help and advice..PLEASE! - December 14th 2010, 01:36 AM

I don't think it sounds silly at all! I think it sounds like you've had a really stressful time and that would can anybody distress. Have you talked to your school counselor at all to explain your situation? He or she might be able to help you in terms of dealing with your school work and offer some other resources for you. I really hope 2011 is better for you

Closed Thread