TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Metal♥Lover Offline
Looking For Someone Like Me.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: April

Self-Esteem At An All-Time Low (Possibly Triggering?) - December 26th 2010, 07:05 PM

Okay, so I have a little problem with my self-esteem. The truth is that I have extremely low self-esteem, most of it being that low due to the bullying I endured. I constantly feel ugly and worthless and I don't know how to change it. My mind pushes out all good thoughts I ever have about myself. I'm overweight, my face is plagued by acne, and I suck at all sports. I can't write or draw worth a crap. Whenever I can't do something right I get so mad at myself and I just want to hurt myself. I get fairly good grades in school but I'd have to have all A+'s in order to be able to feel good about it. I truely hate myself and I am disgusted by the thing I see in the mirror whenever I get ready for school. I'm shy and terrible when it comes to social situations. Joining an after-school club or playing a sport really are not available options for me. I don't know how to start feeling better about myself. I really don't want to have to change who I am in order to feel good about myself, but that seems to be the only available way.

Help me?

♥Check Out My Social Group ♥.::For The Imperfect People::.♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Metal♥Lover Offline
Looking For Someone Like Me.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: April

Re: Self-Esteem At An All-Time Low (Possibly Triggering?) - December 27th 2010, 05:07 AM

Not to sound rude or anything, but some help would be great.

♥Check Out My Social Group ♥.::For The Imperfect People::.♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Self-Esteem At An All-Time Low (Possibly Triggering?) - December 28th 2010, 07:06 PM

Hey April,

You need to stop being so hard on yourself and putting yourself down every second! I can understand though when you have been bullied and told negative things about yourself it is so easy to just believe them. But often people who bully others are insecure about themselves so choose to bully others to make themselves feel better. So what I am trying to say is what the bullies have told you will not be true.

I don't know what you look like and whether you are actually overweight or if that is something you think. Have you perhaps thought about joining a gym or some kind of exercise class? I always find it makes me feel a bit better about myself having been to the gym or done some kind of exercise.

Have you got any kind of hobbies? Or a new hobby you would like to take up? Just doing something fun that you like doing can help to build up your self esteem.

You are worth it so don't let anyone make you think otherwise!

Closed Thread