TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

I think I have a Multiple Personality Disorder. - December 30th 2010, 11:58 AM

I say the words think here but I am 99% positive of this. I have had trouble in the past with my 'selves'. Recently, I've named a few of them in accordance to their actions toward my everyday events.

-Max: Max is a boy. I assume he is the reason that I am bisexual since I almost am repulsed by woman until he shows himself. He is what makes me joke around more though so I usually don't have a problem with him. He is a bit of a horndog at times though. Max is very friendly and wants nothing more than to have a good time with friends. He smiles and is loved by everyone that's seen his side of things. A lot of my friends only know this side of me and are surprised to find that I am someone else at the time.

-Millie: Millie is a child. When she turns up, I am paranoid and stressed and can't even think clearly from being freaked out by almost everything around me. Around other people, she is quiet and reserved and doesn't make eye contact. Millie is usually pitied by most adults. She isn't very strong and people tend to push her around. There are a few people that she converses with and is truly happy to do so. Those people are very dear to her and I must not lost them for her sake.

-Kirsi: She is pretty much my most dominant sate of being. She is level headed and helpful and kind. She isn't shy around even the most complete strangers but has a way of putting her foot in her mouth at times. She is very intelligent and can keep a level head. Kirsi can be anything from silly to motherly and in a way, I think she is the incarnation of a mother inside of me. I hope I can stay like her if any of my personalities ever start to dissipate. (I am currently in this state of thinking).

-Unnamed: I didn't name this last self because it isn't deserving of a name. It is female. She is angry at everything and lashes out at the simplest of tasks. Everything revolves around violence and self. Nobody matters to her and she can care less if everyone around her dropped dead on the spot. There are times when she sulks and she seems like Millie in an aspect since she is childish and will not talk to superiors. However, she is the reason I end up in most of the fights and bad visions I have. She actually does have friends which is a bit surprising... Then again, they are more of acquaintances since the rest of my personalities hate her. She is bossy, rude, and messy.

I have a few others that just haven't been dominant enough for me to name them. I think there are only two more though. I will eventually get around to naming them also once they take over more.

If you didn't enjoy hearing about my MPD then I am sorry. I just felt that they needed recognition since they are all a part of me too.

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 550133 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I think I have a Multiple Personality Disorder. - December 30th 2010, 03:48 PM

MPD (now called DID) is the most controversial psychiatric diagnosis, so depending on the doctor you see, they're already less willing to diagnose it. I'm in that category of not believing DID is a legit disorder.

The theory behind DID is the patient experienced something so traumatic during childhood (usually during childhood) that the mind split to protect the child. When the personalities emerge, other people notice this change as it is very profound. Unless the patient has co-consciousness, they are amnesic for the times the personalities take control.

One thing you mentioned which strikes me as very unusual is you said you named the personalities. In patients with DID, that doesn't happen often, if at all. Rather, when the personality emerges for the first few times, it gives its name to the host (the real you), the host doesn't assign a name to it.

For the personality named Kirsi, is this the host (i.e. you)? The name you gave on TH is Kiersten so it sounds like a common nickname.

When do these personalities generally emerge? Can you get them to emerge on the spot if asked to do so?

I'm not willing to suggest you could have DID, not because of the details you gave but because I don't believe it is a legit disorder. There are others on this forum who share my view as well as oppose it, some even state they were diagnosed with it.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

Re: I think I have a Multiple Personality Disorder. - December 31st 2010, 07:06 PM

I got the idea for DID when I watched the show I always liked. They was a guy on there with the disorder and it reminded me a lot of myself. Well I named them because I kept of record of actions I did. I was really different toward the same actions at random times for no apparent reason so in order to keep track of it all, I gave it a name.

I don't know if it is a real disorder, I just felt maybe I could process it more if this was the case. I just feel differently about things that happen randomly.

For instance(this is only one), in the middle of the night, I will suddenly be overcome by a wave of fear and want to just lay there and cry because I think something is after me. I lock all the doors around me and curl up like a child.
In some instances, I won't feel any fear at all and feel childish for such things that I had done in the past. Then a few days later it would be back to fetal position... It just flops back and forth.

My friends notice it too. I'll be perfectly normal one day, or what I assume is my normal to them, then I may even hate them the next day for no apparent reason.

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I think I have a Multiple Personality Disorder. - January 1st 2011, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enekstrix View Post
I got the idea for DID when I watched the show I always liked. They was a guy on there with the disorder and it reminded me a lot of myself. Well I named them because I kept of record of actions I did. I was really different toward the same actions at random times for no apparent reason so in order to keep track of it all, I gave it a name.
As said above, you don't have DID. Whether you have a mental disorder or not is a different story but I think you first have to realize the situation.

Quote:
For instance(this is only one), in the middle of the night, I will suddenly be overcome by a wave of fear and want to just lay there and cry because I think something is after me. I lock all the doors around me and curl up like a child.
People with DID often have at least one personality that is a child. When it emerges, it has a different perspective on the world than what you have and will repeat its name as opposed to your name. What you're describing is fear and you think the view may be unfounded (hence childish). A child alter may curl up in the fetal position but it'd act like a child in fear.

Quote:
My friends notice it too. I'll be perfectly normal one day, or what I assume is my normal to them, then I may even hate them the next day for no apparent reason.
It sounds more likely to be borderline personality disorder rather than DID, if you have a mental disorder. There is also controversy over BPD but it's substantially less than the controversy over DID.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: I think I have a Multiple Personality Disorder. - January 1st 2011, 04:41 PM

I get really wary when people call it Multiple Personality Disorder as opposed to DID. Also, when I learned about it we learned that the person usually doesn't realize they're different people, and they have their own names. So the fact that you named them yourself makes me skeptical that you have this. I'm not sure if it's real, I think in rare cases it is.
Also, unless you have been diagnosed by at least one or two psychologists or other mental health professionals then you shouldn't say you have it.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread