TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Question logical but crazy. should i tell my therapist? - January 3rd 2011, 05:49 AM

i think im insane. but i know that sounds weird because if you are logical enough to say you are insane, then you are not insane. but i feel so crazy.
i hear a voice sometimes. im logical enough to tell that it must just be a part of my subconcious thinking. but crazy enough to treat it as a seperate person and talk back.
and i really believe that people can read my thoughts. im logical enough to know that its not possible. but crazy enough to be all paranoid and censor my thoughts around others.
those are just a few examples of how i am so insane. i dont know if i should bring it up with my therapist. ive been in situations before where i thought i was doing a good thing by trusting my counciler, and it all blew up in my face. i dont want this to blow up in my face if i tell her. im scared of what might happen. i dont know if i should just ignore everything because im obviously logical enough to not be insane. but i still feel so crazy......... help please......

(>^-^)> HUG <(^-^<)

whether the weather is cold
or whether the weather is hot
we'll whether the weather
whatever the weather
whether we like it or not.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: logical but crazy. should i tell my therapist? - January 3rd 2011, 08:21 AM

yes tell her it could also be stress causing it. Just your imagination maybe or really voices. Tell your therapsit yes so you can be less stressed about it.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CitizenErased Offline
Erase all the memories
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aidan

Re: logical but crazy. should i tell my therapist? - January 3rd 2011, 11:48 AM

This sounds very like Psychosis. I've had it, and I know what you are thinking. Some people get symptoms of Psychosis when they have had severe depression. It's definately important that you tell you therapist. There is a lot of medication out there that helps. Medication helped me. Here are some links that you might find useful -

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Psychos...roduction.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

It is really important that you tell your therapist this as it is really important that if you do have Psychosis, that it is treated quickly.

HelpLINK Mentor:
27/12/2010

LiveHelp Operator
04/01/2011

Wash me away
Clean your body of me
Erase all the memories
They will only bring us pain
And I've seen all I'll ever need

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dzio Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: logical but crazy. should i tell my therapist? - January 3rd 2011, 01:50 PM

I would definitely tell your therapist about these thoughts and occurrences that you have going on right now.

If they're making you feel uncomfortable, then you need to talk about it. It's obvious that you're stressed and upset about these things, and if you have a therapist then what better way to discuss these issues with someone who is experienced enough to give you the best help possible?

I know that trusting therapists is scary. But they all want what's best for you, and they'll do whatever they can to help you.

Trust your therapist, trust yourself, and know that you're not insane, just dealing with a different set of problems than most people, and there's nothing wrong with that.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Glee Offline
OCDcutter
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: logical but crazy. should i tell my therapist? - January 4th 2011, 09:36 PM

Parts of it sounds like pure OCD. Most people with OCD think they are going crazy because their thoughts are so strange and the thinking someone can read your mind is differently a common one some people have with OCD. Look up pure OCD and see.

Closed Thread