TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Depression? Help! - January 23rd 2011, 05:37 AM

Okay so, I think I may have depression or bypolar disorder or something like that. I'm scared because I feel like I'm going insane and no one understands what I'm struggling with. So if anyone knows about this kind of stuff please help. I've been cutting for 2 years now and that's all i ever think about and I hate it! I also struggle with not eating or throwing up after i eat. I have really low self-esteem. I feel like I have no control over my emotions, like, one minute I'll be happy and then I'll be numb then I'll be pissed then sad and numb. And I have like meltdowns when I'm getting ready in the morning, like if my make-up isn't perfect I'll freak out and start crying and I know I just sound superficial but I can't control it. The worst part is that I don't even know if I have something serious or if I'm just looking for a scapegoat so I don't have to blame myself for everything. Please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Depression? Help! - January 23rd 2011, 05:55 AM

Go see a therapist they can diagnonse you with stuff they will just ask you questions and you say yes or no and then they will look at your results and see what disorder you have. Then if you have a disorder like depression or something they will give you meds for it to help it go away and so you will feel better. Dont be scared to see a therapist it does not mean your weak it means you are strong and brave to admit you need some help and thats okay help is a good thing. Go see a therapist please and then you can figure out what you have just like that easy and then maybe put you on meds.

Please dont cut either it does not solve any thing when you feel the urge to cut snap a rubber band where you want to cut instead or put ice where you want to cut or draw a butterfly where you want to cut or draw with red pen where you want to cut. I think I have bipolor too. Anxiety could just be making you get frustrated and mad too. Sounds like you have a eatting disorder and a therapist can help with that too.

You deserve to be happy you really do you matter so please please look into seeing a therapist so you can figure out what disorders you have and so they can help yuo with your eatting promblems and cutting.

heres my email chrissey40@ymail.com if you want it im here for you {: huggss
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Depression? Help! - January 23rd 2011, 12:30 PM

I would go see a doctor, therapist, or counselor. I have bipolar and I can honestly say that it doesn't sound like you do but I didn't know about anything else. Even if it's not a disorder going and seeing someone about it could only help in the long run.
Good luck and i hope you can find real help.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rosalie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosalie

Re: Depression? Help! - January 24th 2011, 05:02 AM

Suffering from depression does NOT make you "insane." In fact, over fifteen million people have it in the US alone. Seeing a therapist can really help, it's not just for "crazy" people or even just people who are depressed. It's just a good way to talk to someone who can help you feel better.

"I don't care. I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what created The X-Men!"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Re: Depression? Help! - January 25th 2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks everyone for your advice! I do need to see a therapist and honestly i want to because i need to stop feeling like this. But here's the thing; I'm the youngest and the only girl in my family so I'm expected to be the angel child with perfect grades and a flawless life and obviously i'm NOT. I would feel like I'm dissapointing my mom by asking for professional help. Don't get me wrong; i know there's nothing wrong with needing help but my mom thinks otherwise. How should I ask???

Challenge it all for love instead.
<3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Depression? Help! - January 26th 2011, 01:10 AM

You should say just because im the youngest does not mean Im perfect. I have been feeling really down lately and need to know why and I think a therapist can tell me why so I would like to see one. You did nothing wrong mom and dad its just Im going through something that I need a little help on to be a better person and feel better about myself.

Thats what you can say hope that helped{:
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread