TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WestboundPuppet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ramon

Exclamation Seriously need help :'( - February 9th 2011, 07:55 PM

Sorry I couldn't really decide which section was appropriate for this thread.
Anyway, the staff at school are against me. I get bullied on a daily basis by other students. Today I said I was going home early because I was fed up and just wanted some time to myself. Later my mom got home and she said the school called her, and said that I said I was "making plans" and left laughing like a maniac! That's ridiculous! I said NO such thing! Of course she does not believe me when I said I didn't say that. Now she and the school want me to get a mental health exam(or whatever its called). She actually made an appointment for one! I love my parents but I think they're blind to this kind of stuff, they don't and never have questioned authority.

I DO tell teachers about the bullying but they don't do anything, and they tell my parents that I never said anything about it! Now the school suggests that im "imagining" the bullying. Really? im "imagining" all this harassment? So these bastards have managed to convince my parents there's something wrong with me mentally.

Please what should I do? I have no history of mental health issues or disabilities, I don't see why my parents would believe them without even questioning it. Im getting REALLY fed up with it

I forgot to mention that my school is a very small school, there's only 2-3 buildings, and the whole high school fits in one room.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Seriously need help :'( - February 9th 2011, 08:04 PM

Ramon,

It makes no sense to me that they are labeling all this as a mental illness. it sucks when the people you trust, or should trust the most don't believe you when you tell them something. have you tried sitting down and talking to your mom about how this is making you feel, her not trusting you? I really think you need to try and get the point across to her in a mature way, so she gets it.

Let the doctors do their tests. If you truly don't have a mental illness, then the results will reflect that.

To better deal with the bullying, I am going to include an informative link to a thread I created all about bullying.
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-p...bout-bullying/

Take care. Shoot me a PM if you ever need anything.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rose Bunny Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rose

Re: Seriously need help :'( - February 9th 2011, 08:38 PM

Hey there!

Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone! I have a heart condition that sometimes makes me really dizzy. The school nurse (As in, has a nursing degree) told my mother that I was making myself dizzy and gave her a list of therapists to send me to. And when I reported being sexually harassed to the principal, he did nothing.

I'm sorry to say that sometimes, people in authority let you down.

But that doesn't mean you have to let them. Be proactive! Keep reporting incidents of bullying and explain to your parents what's going on.

Go to the therapist (it's not anything to be ashamed of) and explain clearly what's going on. A trained therapist will be able to see that you are not the problem in this situation. They will become your ally and hopefully help you to deal with the bullying.

Also, try to better the situation on your own. I'm sure you're not the only victim of bullying in the school. Talk to the other victims. Make friends with them. Stand up for each other. Start an anti-bullying group in the school.

And remember "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Unless someone physically touches you (in which case, you can call the police), they can't hurt you.

I know that's so hard to hear, because words DO hurt. But you have to put it into perspective. Chances are, you're a lot cooler than they are. So you have to try not to let it bother you.

As a long-time victim of bullying, I totally understand what you're going through, and I am 100% on your side! Please feel free to private message me. I'd love to hear how you're doing. I wish you all the best.

~Rose

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Seriously need help :'( - February 10th 2011, 04:22 AM

I had something similar when I wasn't even in high-school. To keep the story short, my parents were often out of town working so I stayed at home with my live-in grandmother. She didn't speak much English at all and the amount she did speak was pretty poor. She was better at other things like math though. Anyway, the teachers wanted me to be sent to a special education school because they were convinced I was retarded (my English was apparently far below what was expected and the school knew I was born in Canada so they figured I just had language problems). To convince the school otherwise, my father took me to our family doctor who explained to the school that they were pushing around bullshit. In the end I had to go to a different school because even after the teachers were told they were wrong, they kept insisting otherwise.

If I were you, I would embrace the opportunity because the doctor will be someone who listens to what you have to say and you can explain what has been happening to you. The doctor won't just assess what you say but also how you say it, so if you do burst out laughing like a maniac, that'll be something he/she notes down. Hopefully you have some evidence of the bullying because the doctor likely will also talk with your mother to get her side of the story. If you have evidence showing what you;re saying is true, then the doctor may be more inclined to believe you're not lying. However, even if you don't, the doctor would still wonder why you're making all these complaints. The doctor may explore other paths, such as you having a certain mental illness even if it is not related to the bullying complaints because many people who go to the psychiatrist for a certain complaint often are told they either have additional or different mental illnesses, or have traits of some. So when the doctor does explore those routes, you should be understanding of why they do because if you begin acting out against him/her about that, I can tell you for sure it will be less likely to work in your view.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread