TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

I'm never good enough, what's wrong with me? - March 16th 2011, 11:37 PM

Okay my life's great, whos complaining? Well me apparently...
I have this feeling that I can't breathe because I have all these things to do and they aren't getting done. And here I am whining and NOT getting things done. I try at so many things but I'm never great at anything. I'm good, but I'm never great.
My self worth entirely depends on what other people say me. I'm really happy and social around people. If I can make some one laugh, I'm happy. but my self worth depends on me accheiving things and making other people happy.
oh my god oh my god oh my god there's just... I dunno.
So is there something wrong with me?
Honestly, I wouldn't care if a rock fell out of the sky and killed me. Although I'm so stupid I'd probably botch trying to you know...

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: I'm never good enough, what's wrong with me? - March 17th 2011, 09:21 AM

Hey, I've been feeling similar to this too lately. It's horrible knowing all the things that you need to do but freaking out because you don't know where to start. What I've done recently is make a daily checklist of stuff to do for myself (take pills, eat breakfast etc) so that I know exactly what I have to do in the mornings and then if I'm not at work during the day, I'll have a list of things to do that day as well. It includes simple things like taking out the rubbish and more difficult things like getting financial aid for next year when I'm a student are broken down into smaller tasks so I don't panic. This might help you prioritise stuff and make it easier for you to know where to start. and as for not being great at anything, you're 15 - you've got plenty of time to figure out what you're brilliant at and when you do, it'll probably help you figure out what it is you want to do in the future.

As for the self worth, you are a fantastic person regardless of what other people say. Maybe you could try getting your friends to write down positive things on post-it notes like ways that you've helped them or things they like about you and then stick the post-its on your mirror. It'll remind you of what you've done and what you mean to those around you.

There's nothing wrong with you hun, but it might be an idea to go to your doctor and see if you can get referred to a counsellor to give you someone to talk things through with.

Finally, stay calm. Easier said than done, I know, but if you panic, everything just seems 10X worse. Good luck x

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: I'm never good enough, what's wrong with me? - March 17th 2011, 10:00 AM

Hi Annabelle,
I'm so sorry you're feeling so horrible right now, sweetie! It's okay. Many of us plan on doing so many things, and most of the time, it just doesn't turn out that way. But, prioritizing helps alot. Like Ella said, if you feel you have to complete what you set out to do, make a checklist according to priority. That way, you won't feel overwhelmed when all the important things you want to do are done and those not so important haven't been finished. But it takes time. You can't expect to do all the things on your list the first time you make it. As you continue to do it, it becomes easier for you to get into the mood of completing tasks, and quickly. Don't feel bad when it all doesn't get done the first time you try it. Satisfy yourself by completing all the things on the list that are most important to you. You'll get there honey, you just have to continue at it and not get discouraged. (:

I'm really glad to hear that you are a very social person and you like doing things that interest you and that you're good at it, too! (: You have to understand, dear, that, the only thing that matters is that you give out your best. In whatever you do, you should put in all your effort. That way, everything you do, you'll be proud of because you put your all into it. Don't worry if it doesn't turn out how want it to. Maybe it's not supposed to. Maybe it's better the way you do it! Don't worry about what others say about it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. (:

You're a sweetheart. But you should understand that self-worth comes not from others. But you. Isn't that what the "self" part represents? It's really sweet of you to like making other people feel happy, really! (: But your self-worth should come from achieving things and making YOUR-self happy. If you make yourself happy by doing something for yourself, or something nice for someone, it shouldn't matter how they react. If you feel good doing a good deed, then feel happy, it's your right. Don't feel upset if they are unable to receive it. It will just take time.

You're a beautiful person. You need to believe it. That's when it becomes true, for you. And it then becomes evident to everyone around. Don't worry too much about that hun, you just focus on making yourself happy and able. (:

There's nothing wrong with you, sweets. You're just having a hard time. I'm sure everyone experiences it in one form or the other at least once in their lives. Take courage and know that you're not alone. We all love you, no matter what. If you need to talk, pm/vm me anytime, and I'll try to reply asap!

Take care of yourself! <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
annalibelle Offline
Jane Doe
Not a n00b

Name: Annabelle

Re: I'm never good enough, what's wrong with me? - March 18th 2011, 01:45 AM

Thanks you two! Making lists would actually be helpful. It makes me feel loads better know people care.
Honestly, it's one of those things that I feel fine now. But some one will say something, or not say something, or some little thing won't get done and I'll panic again. But it's life.
Love,
Annali

"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining"- Owl City

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: I'm never good enough, what's wrong with me? - March 18th 2011, 01:39 PM

I'm glad you think making a list would help and would be effective! (: Yes, that might happen, and yes it is life, you could say, but you'll slowly get over it (: It will take time and loads of effort, but I'm sure that at some point, you're going to get there! If you need any motivation or just want to talk, you know where to find me! (:

Hope all goes well sweetie! <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
Closed Thread