TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I just...don't know.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Scarlett Rose

I'm terrified... - March 22nd 2011, 04:44 AM

I know this sounds stupid but I am scared that I am crazy. I really don;t knoiw what to do. I think it's just me imaginianting me or I just have anxiety issues but here are some things that happen:

- I think of bad images (as in naughty images or gruesome images) that I don't want to think about but I keep forcing myself to, I don't really know how to explain it.
- I will threaten myself with things stupid like if "If you look at the door you are going to hurt yourself" or something like that.
- I feel like I am a person inside my head,c ontrolliung my body but not actually me.
- I have to make sure some things are in certain areas so I will "be okay", for example, I will move a necklace on the beside to a different angle so i won't "get hurt from it."
- I am scared of shadows on the wall sometime and I am scared they are spirits.
- If I feel cold on my back I will think irrelational thoughts like, what if that's a ghost?

I tend to over think things and have a very elaborate imagination, besides I am sure that I have developed anxiety issues after my mom and dad's rough break up. What I think is that I just overthink everything, because I have a huge imagination.

I am just scared though. What if I'm crazy. Will I have to go to the mental hospital? As you can tell I'm clueless and just scared out of my mind about what's going on.

By the way, most of this stuff used to happen but it went away but now its coming back again. Please help! Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I'm terrified... - March 22nd 2011, 05:38 AM

No, you are not crazy. Don't think that way. You shouldn't put down yourself. Don't ever feel like you are different from everyone else. You are not. You are an amazing person. From what you said, it seems that you have some sort of anxiety disorder. You might have OCD. I would talk to a professional. Be honest with them. Tell them about your problems, and I'm sure they will be able to tell you whether or not you have some sort of anxiety disorder. Don't be scared to see doctors. They only want to help you. If you want to get over this, and receive help for this, you need to speak with a psychologist. If you still feel upset, you can always talk to us. We are always open to talk.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I just...don't know.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Scarlett Rose

Re: I'm terrified... - March 22nd 2011, 07:13 AM

Thank you so much, I will take your advice and see a doctor that specializes in the sort. Thanks so much for the reassurance, I will remember this and it will help me through whatever happens to happen. Thanks...again [:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: I'm terrified... - March 22nd 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesWeJustNeedHelp View Post
Thank you so much, I will take your advice and see a doctor that specializes in the sort. Thanks so much for the reassurance, I will remember this and it will help me through whatever happens to happen. Thanks...again [:
Glad I was able to help. Don't be afraid to come to us if you need help. We are always here for you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

Closed Thread