TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can drive me crazy. - March 22nd 2011, 08:29 AM

Hey guys.
Hope you're all doing well.

This isn't a major issue, and it's not really serious or anything, but I'm just curious about it. It's kind of two separate (but probably related) problems, so I'll talk about each on their own.

First: full stops. I have to have them. I've noticed it especially on here. If I start a thread, I have to have a full stop at the end of the thread title, or I get agitated and somewhat stressed. It really hit home today. For school, we ordered jerseys, and we got to designate what we wanted on the back. I wanted to have my name - and then a full stop. So what did they do? They put my name, and left out the full stop. So now I feel like I can't even wear the damn thing, because it's doesn't have a full stop. It just wouldn't feel right. What's up with that?

Second, and a little similar, when I'm writing - especially lists - and I start a new line on the page, the word at the start of the line above can't start with the same letter as the one I'm writing. Unless it's in alphabetical order, I mean. For some reason that's fine. But otherwise, it bugs me. I don't know what about it annoys me - which in turn annoys me more. But lately I've been noticing that I've been more consciously avoiding having two words on two touching lines starting with the same letter. Sometimes I'll rephrase a sentence, or rearrange a list, just so they're not the same. Although, now I think about it, this only applies when I'm writing, not typing. Any clue as to what's going on?

Like I said, this isn't urgent, merely irritating.
Any input would be great.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can drive me crazy. - March 22nd 2011, 05:31 PM

Heyy.

Obviously I'm no professional, but I'm going to relate this back to someone I know. She basically said to me that she has to write things in full or her mind tells her something bad will happen. She has to do certain things or she gets bad feelings about things and it irritates her. Recently she was diagnosed with anxiety and minor OCD. I'm not saying this is your problem, but it may be worth thinking about. Prehaps asking someone who would be more knowledgable about OCD could help you out with this? It sounds really annoying, so maybe it would benefit you a bit. Just a suggestion anyway. I hope I helped a bit.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread