TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Troy Offline
- Love It
Not a n00b

Name: Kyle

To Young For a Break Down. - March 26th 2011, 12:37 AM

I've been trying so hard to keep it all together. I work 7 days a week. I attend 3 online classes as well as a design class for 3 hours five days a week. I also try to have a social life as much as I can find room for (Which isn't much). Its hard to try and keep myself together. I work to pay my bills and I have to work to get to school and to have a social life. Its a lot of pressure to be under at only 17. Its hard some days to wake up and go to work and know you have so much to do and so little time to do it. I only get to sleep 4 or 5 hours a night because I'm either up trying to catch up on school or trying to finish work. I'm about to have a break down. I always have a headache because there's so much pressure on me to be successful, and its wearing me out emotionally, mentally, and physically. I need to find a way to relieve some of this stress that I have because if I don't things are just going to get worse till I have a psychotic break down. I wake up and go to sleep on the verge of tears every day and I just wish that I could be a kid. It seems like I've missed out on the last few years I have to be a teenager because the real world is eating me alive. I'm practically failing school because I don't have the time I need to dedicate to it. I'm just tired and I need a break and it seems its nowhere insight.

I need some help before its too late because I'm to young for a break down.

"When you live forever
What do you live for"

"Simplicity Is Fun..."
Notice Me Please..

Join
The Flying Ninjas Of TeenHelp...
Its a group thing.

Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: To Young For a Break Down. - March 26th 2011, 01:30 PM

From everything I can see there you are definitely spreading yourself too thin. We have something in common in that respect. What I would suggest is exact what I did in a situation very similar to that one: see a therapist.

The reason being that outside of the therapist' office we have ALL of those things competing for our time and attention. We don't really have time for OURSELVES even though all of these things that are stressing us out are supposed to be serving our needs. In addition it's a great way to vent how you are feeling to someone who is contractually obligated to keep it to themselves.

Another thought: evaluate your position at work. Are you working too much? If you need the income a lot: what are your other options? You're young, you have options versus someone who is 35 with two kids who has little recourse. I know at one point I just had to quit my job to get my schooling done and I had to take out additional student loans to cover my costs. It was a hard decision and financially difficult but it was nowhere near as stressful as the job situation I was in.

I'd also evaluate your class load. Are that many classes necessary? It sounds like you are taking a full-time student load while working full time. Should you be? You mentioned you are not doing well. There is no shame in going part-time if that would work out better, at least for a time.

Either way, I know this is difficult, but I have confidence that you will find a reasonable way to feel better that will still accomplish your goals.

Closed Thread