TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
siin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: siin

Never The Same - March 31st 2011, 10:27 PM

I don't know what to think of this but...
I've never had friends and never been good with people but when I'm with a different group of people I'm a totally different person than I am with another group. I feel like I'm more than one person stuck in one body. Its as if I'm an actress but my life is that act and I play multiple roles.
And that is one separate issue from the things that can bother me. Between words and how they are written to people just pissing me off by there presence. It has gone on for quite a while now but I never seem to realize it until I look back on my day or week.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anala Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amzies

Re: Never The Same - April 1st 2011, 02:34 AM

Multiple Personality Disorder, maybe?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Never The Same - April 1st 2011, 03:08 AM

hmmmm...have you been through any serious trauma..especially during early childhood? multiple personality disorder also known as dissociative identity disorder a VAST majority of the time only comes when a person has suffered tremendous abuse, neglect, or sexual assualt as early as 4-5 and as late as 7. How many roles do you think you play and how different are those roles? Some people may have personalities that are different in their temperance (extroversion/introversion) confidence, and strength. They can be different in their ages, accents, backgrounds, and names. DID/MPD is very very uncommon but if you have it you are typically aware on some level that you have different roles in you and not all the personalities you display always get along with eachother.
You could have dissociate disorder or depersonalization disorder which is where you feel like life is a dream and dreams are occasionally real....you often see your motions and actions as if you are watching them from a third person perspective and observe yourself from afar walking around town..it's like watching a movie where you are the star but you are outside watching yourself walk around...sometimes even your voice can sound like it is coming from another place or like it's not your own voice even though it is...that is typicaly triggered from severe anxiety or depression and some type of trauma can cause this..the trauma doesn't have to start at any point and this disorder comes at any time..idk if those helped but i hope so... pm me and keep us posted on what's up...

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Never The Same - April 1st 2011, 04:29 AM

DID is incredibly uncommon and many doctors won't diagnose you with that because they don't think it's an actual disorder but is a sign there may be a different disorder. Myself, I agree DID is not a mental disorder but is a set of symptoms due to other disorders. I say this in part because of the history of DID and the fact research on it hasn't shown much of anything, usually it shows it could be a different disorder for people, such as depersonalization or derealization. For example, it could be issues with trust, fear that you'll confide in others but they'll just leave you, etc... . With new people, many of those issues aren't relevant as much. It's not an issue with social skills because clearly you say you do have social skills nor is it a fear of being judged by others, which are some common reasons. For example, if it is an issue with fear of being abandoned, such a disorder could be separation anxiety disorder.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread