TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Water

title. - April 13th 2011, 07:41 PM

Okay, so I'm not really sure if there's really anything wrong with me, but I generally just don't care. It's not like I'm sad, but i'm not happy either. I'm like, numb or something and I don't really feel anything.

In times of stress I'm there like "c'mon now. Just chill about life, kay? It's all gonna be fineeee." Which tends to get on peoples nerves sometimes because they're freaking out about whatever.

I look at life like it's no biggie. I mean, none of us are getting out alive anyway, right? So why do we stress about everything. Sure, mays well get some shits of giggles out of it while we're in this life, but the worse that could happen is we could die. And I don't see that as being a big deal.
When my mom was trying to get this job and didn't, my dad said "You act like it's the end of the world! You're not going to die!" as if that was so bad. And technically, it is the worse that could happen, but I don't see it as a big deal at all. So then I start to wonder what exactly is bad if death isn't to me?

And by the point that all these thoughts have ran through my head, I've already over thought the entire situation until it makes no sense.

Is it normal to look at life like it doesn't matter?

Thanks for reading, those who did,
-Gabrielle.

Last edited by jhor; April 13th 2011 at 07:53 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: title. - April 13th 2011, 07:49 PM

Gabrielle,

Though I don't do it the same way as you, I also have a tendency to over-think. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're not really religious, right?

Personally, I think the idea of over-thinking things is to try and make sense of them. Whether it's over-thinking when you go by a signless factory, thinking "What do they do there?", or whether it's thinking of how the world came to be, either way it's a way to understand things, rather than accept them for what they are, essentially.

Its not abnormal, it's just uncommon. Most people don't think things out extensively, especially if they're blind by what society typically considers the "norm". But there are a fair few, such as yourself and I, who just, over-analyze things around them.

I probably haven't made much sense here. I was over-thinking it.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Re: title. - April 13th 2011, 07:56 PM

mhm, I'm an atheist.

I tend to think and think about things until they make zero sense and at said point I've thought up a bunch of questions to think up answers to. It's really quite frusterating.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: title. - April 14th 2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us kids know. View Post
mhm, I'm an atheist.

I tend to think and think about things until they make zero sense and at said point I've thought up a bunch of questions to think up answers to. It's really quite frusterating.
I'm very similar, and I'm also an Atheist. I'm pretty sure this is a common Atheist mindset. Curiosity about everything around you gets the best of you, making you question more and more. Hell, that is why some of the best scientific minds are Atheists, because they want to know how everything works, rather than believing in a religious force.

It can be frustrating to go on a tangent of sorts, over-thinking everything. But, it will also become your most useful tool as you get older, especially if you decide to go to College or University. Imagine the intelligent conversations you'll have with professors. In fact, one time, one of the college professors started randomly talking to me, about the electric car. We had a conversation about electric cars, the flaws of the government, etc. because well, over-thinking it kept the conversation going.

It's a blessing AND a curse, in summary. Just, try to make the best of it. If you can, when you're in high school, try to join a debate team or something maybe? Something like that, to keep your mind stimulated, so you can relax your mind when you're done?

Feel free to PM me, Gabrielle.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Re: title. - April 14th 2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Imagine the intelligent conversations you'll have with professors. In fact, one time, one of the college professors started randomly talking to me, about the electric car. We had a conversation about electric cars, the flaws of the government, etc. because well, over-thinking it kept the conversation going.
Yeah, some of my teachers this year like me because of my older brother, who's very similar in that sense. And some of them hat me because of him, but whatever. (:
My math teacher and my brother used to stay after school and stuff having these conversations about physics and stuff for hours just sharing their knowladge and fighting to out-reason one another, so they became really good friends.

Thanks Julz. That really actually does kind of clear it up a little.

Closed Thread