TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

I get mad as shit sometimes - April 20th 2011, 06:46 PM

I gotta a lot of crapped bottled up. All I look for is ways to release the steam. I write music but sometimes it's not enough. To some extent I'm thankful for these outbursts because it's when I'm at my most creative. I go to the gym on average 2 hours a day. But like I said sometimes it's none of it's enough.

I'll read a news story about some 17 year old kid who threw a brick at a car and nearly killed a 4 year old girl because of it. I'll not explode the instant I read it, but hell if someone just would nudge me the wrong way fuck knows what I'd do. If I was just the average I wouldn't be as worried but I know if I pack a bunch I could brake someone's ribs pretty easily. I put my hand fist through a board of plaster once and I was only 15 when I did it, then my mum made me take anger management sessions.

I'm thinking going back to anger management but I'd feel like I'm taking a step back. I used to have sessions when I was 16, four years ago. Plenty of things have happened since then. It just kinda feels like I'm not going to really change from this. I'll always be this wildcard with a uranium core waiting to blow up.

Thankfully most people I mix with now are not like the fuckwits I had at school, so I don't lose it as often. My parents think I've calmed down because of it, but like I said it's just that people provoke me less now. It still happens occasionally and I can barely contain it when it does. If it's not a person I'll lay into it'l be something else like punching the wall even (frequently). Taking deep breaths doesn't work. Sry for going on... but there is a trend. In school I'd get just slightly less violent but a lot easier. Today I have a higher "provocation threshold". It means someone would need to work a lot harder to piss me off properly, so I do lose it slightly less frequently because of that... but it's probably several times worse now once I lose it. I know it because I have done recently. Calling me names doesn't work anymore. However throwing a glass bottle at me (like what's happened recently) I think it could have got him killed. I might find the thread to it... I wrote about it here on TH a few months ago.

Here's the thread:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-w...t66616-i-lost/

I could have done a lot worse to them :/

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; April 20th 2011 at 06:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: I get mad as shit sometimes - April 20th 2011, 06:54 PM

I know you said you write music but have you ever tried writing about your feelings? It might be a good way to get out some of your frustration and anger.

You might see it as a step back going to anger management but I don't think it is at all. At least you have realised you have a problem and are accepting help for it. That in a way is a step forward. I hope you manage to get the help you need.

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: I get mad as shit sometimes - April 20th 2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
I know you said you write music but have you ever tried writing about your feelings? It might be a good way to get out some of your frustration and anger.

You might see it as a step back going to anger management but I don't think it is at all. At least you have realised you have a problem and are accepting help for it. That in a way is a step forward. I hope you manage to get the help you need.
I write about my feelings quite a lot. I was thinking about putting some in self-expression but I don't like putting out unfinished work. It's usually written on impulse and unfinished.

I've known I have a problem for a long time now so nothing really feels different in that respect :/

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread