TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

i like pain - April 28th 2011, 01:21 PM

i like people who hit me.. my favorite friends are those who would hit me, pinch me, slap me senseless...
i don't like hugs, i don't like nice words..
i just like people who would cause me physical pain.
is it weird?

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: i like pain - April 28th 2011, 03:33 PM

Weird? I'm not sure - I don't really have a definition of weird. I think we're all weird in our own ways.

Unhealthy? Yes. I'm not sure where you may have gotten this attachment to those who cause you pain from--do you? Is there something in your past that you feel like has had an influence on this? Essentially, I guess the bottom line is - are you HAPPY right now? If not, I imagine its because you're surrounding yourself with these poisonous people and acidic environments.. and for your own good, it really does have to stop ... soon.

I encourage you to delve a bit deeper and look at the issues here. In the mean time, take care of yourself.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: i like pain - April 28th 2011, 11:49 PM

It's masochistic but the question is whether it's sexual masochism or not. It may reflect a view you have of yourself, in that you don't want to be treated nicely because you may consider yourself to be trash. It's also unhealthy because such friends are willing to do those acts, one has to wonder why they do it. A likely possibility is it leads to more physical abuse and subsequently worsen your feelings you have about yourself.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i like pain - April 29th 2011, 12:19 AM

been sexually abused as a kid for 3 yrs.. but after so long, it's like, i don't consciously feel like trash? in fact, consciously, i actually feel like a person more and more, and feel that there's hope for me. perhaps my history of self harm makes me feel that physical pain is good, coz otherwise i don't feel..
i don't think it's related to sexual gratification, coz it's just purely just physical pain that i like...

Katrina: yea i agree that there's no clear definition of weird haha, we're all weird :P

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

Closed Thread