TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cairella Offline
Rella-kins
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angie
Location: Lost in Lostville, if you find me tell me that I said Hello ;3

Unhappy Lost - May 10th 2011, 03:27 PM

I guess its just one of those things... I remember from my psych class that at major turning points in life you starts to question who you really are/who you want to be. However this feels just out of the normal.

I feel like i'm 'trying' different personalities every month or so and its kind of bothering me. And I think that i would do best if i could take a mix of some of the good qualities of all of them and then put it in a pot and be like BAM!!!! I would have a me that i'm comfortable with. And maybe I could be a bit more stable then what i am. People tell me to make a list of the things that i want to keep and the things that i want to change and then try to work on them every month or so....not sure if this is a good idea or not tho :/ All the stress of this is making me not sleep at night and then its made me really irritable.

Any Suggestions?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Cairella 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Emy Bug Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Lost - May 10th 2011, 03:48 PM

Hi Angie. I have the same exact problem. I just don't know who I am. I've found that being crazy or acting like I have ADHD helps. But it would most likely be differant for you. I'd say "Just be yourself" but when you don't know who you are, you just can't. Can you tell me some of the things you like now or used to like? I might beable to help you more if you can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Cairella Offline
Rella-kins
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angie
Location: Lost in Lostville, if you find me tell me that I said Hello ;3

Re: Lost - May 10th 2011, 05:05 PM

I'm an easily angered person now, i'm starting to jump to conclusions about alot of things, i'm not as easily approachable as i used to be, it seems like i'm always sad/easily depressed, under-motivated and over all i'm like happy for 2 seconds and then i'm back to being sad again.

But the me that i want to be is

Strong
Higher Self Esteem
Friendly
Motivated
Happy Again
Positive
Caring
Independent

I love to write, sing, work on computers, hang out with friends and play games, online and other types, I love to work on learning new languages and meeting new people, i'm usual extroverted (outgoing) but now i'm just an introverted (keeps to me myself and i) creep and its just killing me slowly in the inside a little bit.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Cairella 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Emy Bug Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Lost - May 11th 2011, 09:48 AM

That's almost exactly how I am. If you love to write, then start a journal. I started a journal and when I write my problems down, I can just forget about them. Write a song about your feelings. If you want to be Stronger, Higher self-esteemed, etc, then just think your already those things. It may not help, but sometimes if you think your more positive about yourself, you actualy might start acting like it. At nights, think about your day, then imagine yourself doing the same exact things (well almost) and think of yourself as a higher esteemed, motivaded, friendler, person. Do this everynight and mabye you will start thinking of yourself and ACTING like these things. Hope this has helped

Closed Thread