TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Mood swings - May 11th 2011, 11:40 PM

So yeah

I have these really energetic and hyperactive moods where I am convinced that nothing can hurt me and that I am better than everyone else, like fully convinced that everyone else is beneath me.

And then on the other hand I have these really depressive moods where I feel like there's no point in being alive and that I'm not like good enough for anyone and stuff.

It's kind of like when I'm hyperactive I forget about how I want to die and stuff when I feel depressed, and then when I'm depressed I forget about how happy and excitable I was.

And both kinds are a problem cause when I'm hyperactive I say really mean things and decide that I can talk to people however I like because they are all nowhere near as special as I am, plus people have told me how annoying I am when I get hyperactive.
When I get depressive I lash out at EVERYONE, including my friends and especially my family, and I can't get anything done cause I'm always like what's the point?

Does anyone know if this is like normal? Is it just like normal mood swings that I have to deal with or can I do something about this, cause I really don't know if it's bad enough to warrant action. Three of my friends have told me separately that they think there's something wrong with me and that I should get it checked and one of them used to be kinda depressed and she said that I should get something done about it before it gets worse but I don't genuinely know if there's anything that can be done about it plus I have this kind of aversion to going to the doctor so I dunno what to do?

Any advice whatsoever would be really appreciated

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Mood swings - May 12th 2011, 12:28 AM

I know exactly how you feel. In my opinion, I don't think it's normal, but then again, everybody is different.
I think that if it's really bothering you and other people are starting to notice a difference in you, then you may want to talk to a doctor about it. It is completely up to you though.
Yes, doctors may be scary, but they are there to help you, and maybe talking to a doctor or even counselor can help you figure this all out.

Closed Thread