TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sweet_angel1993 Offline
Not a n00b

Self Confidence? - May 29th 2011, 06:13 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place so if it isnt move it.

Last week I had to do this mock interview thing for my business tech class and after it was done we talked about everything I did right and wrong. One of the things she said I need to work on is my confidence. I know I don't have any self confidence. I haven't for a really long time. I'm always focusing on the negative things about myself. How do I get my confidence back?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Self Confidence? - June 1st 2011, 02:57 AM

Hey-

Honestly in my experience, it's kind of acting like you have it. Self confidence really isn't something you can just build up instantly. I personally will probably have a struggle my whole life working with therapists and all that for confidence.

But if you believe in yourself, work on understanding yourself, and realize you can't change who you are. We all have good and bad qualities. Be comfortable with yourself, and figure out personally, what it will take to get to that point.

Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
qsafe10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Self Confidence? - June 2nd 2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_angel1993 View Post
I'm not sure if this is in the right place so if it isnt move it.

Last week I had to do this mock interview thing for my business tech class and after it was done we talked about everything I did right and wrong. One of the things she said I need to work on is my confidence. I know I don't have any self confidence. I haven't for a really long time. I'm always focusing on the negative things about myself. How do I get my confidence back?
Take a couple of second to analyze this point and try to answer this simple question. What does self confidence mean? It may be low than it should be but everyone in reality has self confidence.
Now, if you are not satisfy of the level you do have you can do 4 things which are:
1, Identify what you are capable of doing
2, Identify your weaknesses
3, Work on them and
4, instantly evaluate your progress.
Any weakness is improvevable only if you can do these things listed above. Do not forget it is a lack of belief. The " do not trus you can ". Still you can face it you will not be able to overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
purplemask Offline
Average Joe

Name: Regina

Re: Self Confidence? - June 3rd 2011, 07:35 AM

Look at yourself without judgment, and force yourself to see what could be, what may be. Look at yourself with a new perception. Get to know what you are capable of, what you have done, and then acknowledge what you can do. You are capable of growing, of improving, of learning, of doing. When you realize your potential you can take small steps toward reaching it. Making that first step will increase you self confidence ten-fold. You just need to see for yourself that it's possible, and it is.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Symmy Offline
Symmy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Symantha

Re: Self Confidence? - June 4th 2011, 11:38 PM

This is gonna sound mean, but look for weaknesses in other people. They're not perfect either. You shouldn't like tell everyone they suck, but just people watch. Another thing, strive to be different. In my opinion, 90% of people have bad self esteem because they get caught in trends. Maybe the "cool" people will think you're being weird, but the good, right people will appreciate your individuality. These people, after you meet them, make you want to be weird. If you join a sport or something, all the people there have something in common with you- a love for that sport. I joined band, and now I have hundreds of people to support me. I know thats not for everyone, but its a suggestion.

Stuff like interviews has a lot of acting in it. You don't necessarily not to be confident to seem like you are. Just stand up straighter, and talk a lot louder than you usually do. It feels really weird and wrong, but it results in good opinions from others. it won't necessarily feel natural at first, just because you're using to slouching or being quiet.

You are an amazing person. Everyone is just waiting for you to embrace it. Your life will improve so much and good people will flock to you as soon as you express your inner weirdness and find something you like to do.

Closed Thread