TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Question Who cares? - June 18th 2011, 05:50 PM

I am currently registerd as a YC (young carer) for my mum. I don't know exactly what is wrong with here wich as you can (hopefully) imagine make's caring for her even harder.
I keep asking her and people who help (well dont, but try to) at school but thay all won't tell me.
All I do know is that she has some kind of mental illness.
I was hoping that someoen here may be able to give me an idea of what she has, if I were to say what sort's of things she does?

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Who cares? - June 18th 2011, 08:59 PM

We may be able to give you some ideas of what she may have based on her symptoms, though obviously we cannot give you a definate diagnosis as we are not medical professionals. It seems wrong that no-one will tell you what it is that you are dealing with since you are the one who is caring for your mum, maybe it is because of your age? I'm not sure how the system works when you are a young carer, but I know with mental illness, no-one is allowed to divulge information about you without your consent. The only thing I can suggest is to explain all of this to your mum calmly and tell her how you believe it would enable you to give her the care she needs if you know more about her condition.
I spent a long time caring for my little brother and my mum when she was ill, so I can sort of relate to how difficult it can be. Keep your chin up x

Closed Thread