TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Miranda. Offline
Not a n00b

Bipolar 2?</3 - June 19th 2011, 06:28 AM

Soo..I was recently diagnosed with ADD and Bipolar 2 Disorder, and re-diagnosed with PTSD and Anxiety. The Bipolar thing is really bugging me though. I am noticing more and more when my moods change, and I didn't really see that as much before. I feel like I don't really have anybody who can really relate to these feelings that I'm getting, and I keep trying to tell myself not to feel sorry for myself because things could have been much worse. Now its like every time I'm happy or in a good mood, I remind myself that I will soon be at my lowest again ._. This is really driving me nuts and I don't even know why its bugging me so much honestly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Bipolar 2?</3 - June 19th 2011, 08:52 AM

Have you tried looking for a mental illness or bipolar support group near where you live? I know that here in Canada there is OBAD (Organization for Bipolar Affective Disorder) and NAMI. Also, you're not alone. There's even a couple people who are diagnosed on this site (like me) and for some reason people who want to be diagnosed for some reason.

Anyways, I would look into finding a support group, it really helps.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rainbow Ninja Offline
Dont judge just listen
Not a n00b

Name: Jackie Lee

Re: Bipolar 2?</3 - June 20th 2011, 04:59 PM

well i actually do understand i have bipolar also and i on guard like when will my mood change and its so hard to guess like its anymoment i take medication it helps but im alwasys on guard but you just have to keep going and try not to let it get to you because you are stronger than this biopolar best of luck hun

dont forget you matter to me

just because it seems no one cares dosnet mean i dont

live life now becasue if you dont well you only have one life

dont watch me grow up no has so you wont either

shoot for the moon you will always land in the stars

dont forget where you came from

love is an ocean it has different forms

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bipolar Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leah

Re: Bipolar 2?</3 - June 23rd 2011, 11:45 PM

i'm bipolar. you could be bipolar, but if you were re-diagnosed chances are you're not. there's this one thing, and im sorry but i don't know what it's called, but it goes like this. when you tell someone "you should be sick" then they could trick others or their brain could trick them into thinking that they ARE sick. they start to notice that there are these little problems, when in fact their mind is tricking them. hat sounds like that's what this is to me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Bipolar 2?</3 - June 24th 2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar View Post
i'm bipolar. you could be bipolar, but if you were re-diagnosed chances are you're not. there's this one thing, and im sorry but i don't know what it's called, but it goes like this. when you tell someone "you should be sick" then they could trick others or their brain could trick them into thinking that they ARE sick. they start to notice that there are these little problems, when in fact their mind is tricking them. hat sounds like that's what this is to me.
If she was diagnosed by a doctor, which it sounds like she was, and if she agrees with the diagnosis then she has no reason to doubt what the diagnosis is. You don't know her or her story so what gives you the right to tell her you don't think she has it?

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Bipolar 2?</3 - June 24th 2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandoez. View Post
Soo..I was recently diagnosed with ADD and Bipolar 2 Disorder, and re-diagnosed with PTSD and Anxiety. The Bipolar thing is really bugging me though. I am noticing more and more when my moods change, and I didn't really see that as much before. I feel like I don't really have anybody who can really relate to these feelings that I'm getting, and I keep trying to tell myself not to feel sorry for myself because things could have been much worse. Now its like every time I'm happy or in a good mood, I remind myself that I will soon be at my lowest again ._. This is really driving me nuts and I don't even know why its bugging me so much honestly.
I'm always unsure when people say they have been diagnosed with anxiety and PTSD because PTSD is an anxiety disorder. What is the other "anxiety" you have been diagnosed with? Although this doesn't matter to the thread, ADD is no longer recognized, it has changed to ADHD.

Since you have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, I assume you are on medications. If so, how long have you been on them and what are they and the dosage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar View Post
There is very little of the OP's history given and you are not trained in any remote way for psychiatry, so you have no justification for suggesting her re-diagnosis is incorrect. Furthermore, you have no justification for suggesting her initial diagnosis was incorrect or correct. Lastly, you have not given any reasoning as to why you suspect a placebo-like effect. An example of you not being trained in any remote way is your incorrect reasoning of the psychiatric placebo-like effect because psychiatry does not study the brain in any way, it studies behaviour, thus, when you implicate the brain as tricking oneself, you're using a half-assed psychiatric view.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread