TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
colie18 Offline
I am not your ordinary girl...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Could I have a disorder? - June 24th 2011, 07:22 AM

Okay so I know I have a very mild case of OCD, but could I have some sort of other disorder? I get scared easily. Sometimes so bad I can't sleep. Lately I have been afraid of breaking down. I have been afraid of having an emotional and mental breakdown when it physically hurts me. I am afraid I won't be able to hold up anymore. Sometimes my heart will beat sooo fast that its physically hurts me and my heart will beat so rapidly for no reason. I guess right now i am really afraid for a future emotional and mental breakdown that will be so bad that it will hurt physically. I am afraid that I wont be able to get back up once I am down. I am so afraid that it will kill my emotional and mental state. I am just so scared. It keeps me up at night and I cant sleep! Please help me!

Love is Love it has no boundaries!
Got a Question? PM/VM me or go to my formspring and ask there: http://www.formspring.me/colie18
Ask Me Anything!!! I promise I don't bite and I will answer honestly!!!

Want to know more about me and how who I really am? Visit my personal blog http://www.butterfliesinmybellyy.tumblr.com

"Everyone sees who I appear to be, but only a few know the real me. You only see what I choose to show, there's so much behind this smile… you don't even know"

LHO/Social Networking Staff Member/HelpLink Mentor
  Send a message via AIM to colie18 Send a message via MSN to colie18  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Could I have a disorder? - June 24th 2011, 08:07 AM

Hey Nicole.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

I can't diagnose you with a disorder over the internet. If you've already been diagnosed with OCD, perhaps bring up these problems with whoever helped you with that so that they can diagnose you if necessary, or refer you somewhere you can get support.

Have you told anyone how you feel? If you haven't, perhaps tell a parent or a school guidance counselor or even a close friend. Sometimes it can help to have someone to talk to, particularly if you're stressed or scared.

This does sound as if it is affecting your life and in my opinion you should definitely try and talk to a counselor or someone like that, at least just to get some stuff off your chest.

Good luck.

Hester. x

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Could I have a disorder? - June 24th 2011, 08:56 AM

Has the OCD been diagnosed by a doctor? If not, then you don't officially have it.

From what you described, the most likely disorder is panic disorder. It is vital if you have been diagnosed with OCD because it may prevent the diagnosis of panic disorder. Overall, panic disorder involves many panic attacks, worry about future attacks, consequences of the attacks and an overall change in behaviour. https://kr.ihc.com/ext/Dcmnt?ncid=520221311 (PDF File), http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/disorders/pncdiswaphob.htm (Non-PDF file).

For this, treatment will involve psychotherapy as well as medications to calm you down, both you worries and your physiological responses.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dredear Offline
So many are broken</3
Not a n00b

Name: Dre

Re: Could I have a disorder? - July 6th 2011, 01:00 AM

If you can't sleep you could have insomnia which could make you feel crazy

No one gets left behind, another fallen soul
No one gets left behind, another broken home
No one gets left behind, we stand and fight together

RestInParadiseDotty,Connor,AndJimmy<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Could I have a disorder? - July 6th 2011, 07:04 PM

XX Master brings up a good point. If you haven't been diagnosed with OCD, you could have something else. If you have been diagnosed with OCD, Anxiety easily goes hand-in-hand.

Either way, you should probably talk to a professional, and get a professional diagnosis. Even if you were diagnosed with a mild OCD, this could change your diagnosis completely, if it's a symptom that makes another diagnosis make more sense. Just, see a professional, and find out for sure.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread