TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
myra1994 Offline
Recovering Phycho
Not a n00b

Name: Jasmine

. - July 8th 2011, 02:01 PM

i havent had a feeling like this in a while. gone from the world and any sign the world sees me scares the shit out of me. im kinda ok here locked in my room but people talking to me is scary and dont want it happening. im scared to come out of this, dont know how it will hit me, feeling quite low already so dont want this to be my body's way of not letting me hit rock bottom. i hate hitting rock bottom. and i have noone non scary to catch me. its raining outside and i can hear it on my ceiling. thats a bad thing but i dont really care atm. just dont want to be alone anymore. i need a hug and someone to hold me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wtf- Offline
The Happy Nihilist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Re: . - July 8th 2011, 07:43 PM

How is someone supposed to hug you and hold you if you're too afraid to talk to them? I know it's hard to do (I've had almost the same thing happen) - but the best way to get over it (well for me, anyway) was have someone force you into doing it.

Since I think that is unlikely in your case, the only way to help yourself is to force yourself into the world. You could try to look up some cognitive therapy - that always helped me with my social phobia thing.

But really, if you can't even get out of your bedroom - the only person who can help you is yourself.

I wish you luck.
  Send a message via MSN to Wtf-  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: . - July 8th 2011, 10:37 PM

As previously mentioned, if you are scared or unwilling to have people talk to you, then you're not likely to get someone to talk with you let alone hug you. Although there is limited information given, it does sound like agoraphobia. There's not enough information to even guess if it is social anxiety/social phobia. You've got to take a step and break free from the fear even if it's just for a bit because the more you are unable to break from it, the stronger it gets and harder it is to rectify it. You could get someone you are safe with to go outside with you but trouble is you probably cant get someone like that by staying indoors. You need to take a step outside and stay outside and talk with people one step at a time. You don't need to stay outside with people right away when you're extremely uncomfortable, as that's "flooding", a therapeutic technique I don't agree with.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread