TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 9th 2011, 03:15 PM

I've been having problems with my mood being lower recently, although I know it's not as low as it can be/my anxiety is leveling it out.. I have been having lots of thoughts about the devil.. I'm not religious, sorry if anyone else is I feel like the devil is wanting me, my soul.. that he's coming up from hell and is going to make sure he takes me back because I'm such a bad, evil person. I keep getting paranoid thoughts, feeling like I am being watched - like hair stands up on my neck intensity - I've been seeing figures/people in the corner of my eyes and when I turn to look there gone.. the other night I looked up into the mirror of my bathroom and there was someone else in the mirror too.. I looked around and then back and it was gone.. I am terrified, I doubt if it was for my heart condition that I'd be sleeping at all.. But my dreams are full of it too - falling into flames whilst someone laughs, being dragged by monsters whilst it gets darker and darker.. I'm trying to remain level headed on this but I'm not sure how to.. How do I tell if it's real or not? What if I am in danger, and the idea is that no-one will believe me so it's easier for it to happen? Help please!

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 9th 2011, 06:57 PM

If you want us to look at this from a realistic standpoint, then maybe going and talking to the head of your church would help you? You could have a blessing said over you or something of the sort.

If this was happening to me I would probably think I was just paranoid. Keep a clear head and don't freak out about this, you may be blowing it up in your head and making it seem worse than it is. You could go talk to a doctor about it, or tell someone you're close to? My friends have told me much weirder things, trust me.

Right now, it doesn't seem like you are in any immediate danger, but you should talk to someone. Anyone you can, whether it be a church official or a friend. I don't have much else to tell you other than, right now, nothing is hurting you and it's gonna be okay.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 9th 2011, 08:25 PM

Like Maddie said, from a literal point of view, you can contact any sort of religious person to perform a ritual or something to put your mind at ease.

However, what you're describing sounds to be as though it COULD be schizophrenia or anxiety. Obviously, I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose you, but from a purely medical point of view, you could try seeing your GP. You're over 18, so they should be able to diagnose you (they don't like diagnosing mental illnesses in under-18s because of hormones.)

However, the most important thing to remember is the only thing you're at danger from is yourself. Please please please seek professional help and look after yourself.

Stay safe <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Atychiphobia Offline
Watch Me Drown In My Fears ♥
Average Joe

Name: Atychiphobia

Re: Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 9th 2011, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the replied, but I am not religious.. so for me it wouldn't give me any relief to speak to a member of the church.. I have a psych already, they reckon I have bipolar and such.. I just don't know how to sort it.. I'm struggling to trust anyone at the moment and telling them feels to big for me to be able to do..

Immobilized. Captivated and Hypnotized,
by all your evil lies.

я.ι.ρ ηαηηу -
уσυ ℓєт υѕ 3rd мαян 2011.
ι ωιℓℓ мιѕѕ уσυ σяєνєя 3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 9th 2011, 09:15 PM

If they suspect bipolar and this is happening to you then you should most certainly tell your psych. I have bipolar and this sort of thing happens to me when I stray off my medication or an episode goes unchecked for too long, it might be related for you.

You should always tell your psych everything anyways so they can best he?p you right? Do you have a number you can call them at or another way to contact them?

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: Scared.. but not sure what to think.. - July 10th 2011, 09:37 AM

I'm "religious" (I believe in God) and to a person like me, it sounds like a spiritual "attack". Simple solution to that problem, but since you are unwilling to go that direction, I guess the only thing you can do would be to talk HONESTLY to your GP or Psych about it. They can adjust your meds/give you meds that will calm you down. Sometimes when I get really anxious or depressed I feel like I'm being followed or chased in my house, and all noises are surely ghosts or evil things trying to hurt me. I know it's not true, but that's where anxiety takes me. Maybe this is the case for you.

Closed Thread