TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwilightDwells Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Exclamation Do I Have a Serious Problem? - July 24th 2011, 03:29 AM

Hey,

I have insane jealousy, not RELATIONSHIP jealousy though, but I do have jealousy issues.
It gets really bad, sometimes so bad that I lock myself in my room and cry, it's so out of hand but I can't stop. Every time someone has the same thing I have, or has read the same book I've read, or they're smarter, or better, or taller, or even SHORTER than me--I instantly get really jealous, and angry, my stomach twists and I start to cry. Because of this issue I have problems with "hiding" things.
I have a problem, that whenever someone comes over or I am seen with something I don't want others to want or have, I always hide it or tell that person that they don't want it 'cos it's "boring" or "stupid" etc. I just don't know what do anymore. I don't know what could have caused this, I just remember always being this way, but it's just getting worse and worse.
I don't know what to do, I mean, I know I'm depressed, and have Anxiety issues, but I just don't know about this. I mean, it's gotten out of hand, I think. Whenever people come over, not a single thing that I want them to touch, or look atm or want, or ANYTHING has to be out of sight. I hide it, I hide things from my own sister because I'm scared she'll want it or take it.
Does this sound like it's gotten too bad? I'm trying to 100% truthful here. I've been thinking about death and suicide a lot too, I think it's partially because of this, but I don't know anymore. I'm really confused. It seems like the only thing I'm living for is to not let people have or want what's mine. Would that even be considered "jealousy" issues? Or something else.
I don't know.
What do I do? What do you think I should do?

I will forgive, but I'll never forget.
Love is something earned, not gifted.
The Fallen Angel's cry for their beloved.
~ Katie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Do I Have a Serious Problem? - July 25th 2011, 02:19 AM

Hey Katie,
I'm not exactly sure how to help about the jealousy but if you have been thinking about suicide and death it's definitely important to speak with a trusted adult. It's possible that it could be part of the depression but I'm not a doctor. It can be scary reaching out to others asking for help but I'm sure if you find someone trained to help they will be able to help with your jealousy. Often in mental illnesses one thing triggers another which triggers another and soon enough you have no clue where these random things came from. And that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. All it means is that you have to find the root of the problem first. So here, the first step is to reach out to someone in your life who has the ability to help you or find someone who can help you. Let me know how it goes.
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Do I Have a Serious Problem? - July 25th 2011, 02:41 AM

Since this is something that is clearly bothering you a lot, I would suggest going to a therapist. It couldn't hurt, and they might be able to give you advice on how to deal with the extreme jealousy.

If you do decide to seek counseling, keep this in mind - The first therapist you start seeing might not be the one for you. You may have to try a few different people before you find someone you're comfortable with, so don't get discouraged if things don't work out right away.

Closed Thread