TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chloky13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe G

Points: 7,395, Level: 12 Points: 7,395, Level: 12 Points: 7,395, Level: 12

Unhappy Do I have a binge eating disorder? - May 9th 2012, 04:52 PM

I eat daily, but some days I barely eat more than some toast while other days I eat, eat, eat. I don't like eating an actual meal in front of people but I do snack on stuff like a baggie of cashews or something. I worry about my weight and try to exercise on and off. I used to starve myself, but I got really under weight and I don't want to do that to myself right now. I'm only 5'3" and I weigh in the [edited]. I want to weigh [edited], but I worry that I'm going to hurt my body.

Dp I have a binge eating disorder?

-I'll never tell. %20[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;23/st/20110815/e/Since+I+fell/k/34a9/event.png" border="0" alt="" />%20[/IMG]

Last edited by Just Peachy.; May 9th 2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Removing weight figures, as they're against the rules
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Do I have a binge eating disorder? - May 9th 2012, 05:20 PM

First off, I think you have the wrong eating disorder in mine. Binge eating disorder, in short, is extreme over-eating. You said you barely eat at all, and you work it off with exercise. IF this is an eating disorder, you're looking at Anorexia Nervosa. But seeing as I'm not a doctor, I can't diagnose you with any sort of Eating Disorder. I think that you could have an eating disorder, just by your actions alone. Your eating is definitely disordered, though. I know you want to be a certain weight, and that's fine. Goals are good. HOWEVER, you're best bet is to call your doctor to make sure that your goal weight is healthy for your body.

Secondly, eating the amount you eat isn't healthy. You should be consuming two to three meals a day. your body needs fuel to keep going, much like a car. You don't eat much, so surely you've noticed a decrease in energy? This is due to not eating. Believe it or not, your body depends on food a lot more then you would this. And food isn't terrible. It actually can aid in weight loss. You just have to eat the right foods. Lots of healthy foods. You can exercise regularly as well, as long as it's not excessive and is right for your body.

Is there anything else going on in your life that's causing you to engage in this behaviour? I ask because more times than none, eating disorders are a lot more than just wanting to be skinny. Do you have people you can talk to? A friend? A parent? Or even a trusted teacher? Make sure you're not isolating yourself from people; it makes things more difficult. I know that it's hard to talk, but it helps. It's easier to let people help, then it is to push them away.

Take care of yourself <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15

Re: Do I have a binge eating disorder? - May 9th 2012, 11:02 PM

I agree with Lynds.
I wouldn't call this a binge eating disorder, but I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose you.
You need to be eating three meals a day, because your body needs food to function right.

Do you think you eat a lot more when you are feeling emotional about things?
Your best bet would be to talk to a doctor about this.
From what I'm hearing, you dont eat because you are worried about your weight, and that's never a good place to be in.
You said you've starved yourself before, and this is not a good pattern to get into.

So yes, please talk to your doctor soon. Dont let this cycle go on. It's addicting and hard to get out of.

Good luck, reaching out is hard, but worth it.
Shelby

Closed Thread