TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Waterlil33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ana

I'm so lost~ Please help - June 12th 2012, 07:38 PM

I really need some help. I've been struggling for a year now with an ED, mostly binging. I can't seem to get a grip. I have no control when I get around food; I just keep eating and eating. Luckily, my metabolism is fast and I exercise a lot so I'm not overweight, But I have no idea why I'm like this. I'm so depressed and my parents don't see it as a problem but it's tearing me up inside. I need help!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: I'm so lost~ Please help - June 12th 2012, 08:00 PM

You should try and talk to your parents about how depressed you are. They are probably in denial, since you are they're daughter. They may also see it as "normal tennage moodiness" but it's obvious that it's not normal.
I hope I helped some what, please PM me if you need anything or wanna talk; I have an ED too.
~Paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: I'm so lost~ Please help - June 12th 2012, 09:59 PM

I agree, you should try to talk to your parents about how you are feeling. I TOTALLY understand, I'm going through this too. Maybe you could even write your parents a letter explaining that you would like to get help for this, and that it IS tearing you up inside?

Also, have you looked for an OA meeting in your town?
oa.org has a list of meetings and online meetings as well. They are SUPER helpful, and friendly.

I wish you the best of luck, message me anytime.

Shelby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I'm so lost~ Please help - June 13th 2012, 08:10 AM

Hey there,

As everybody said, I also suggest talking to your parents. Maybe you can ask them to start sending you to counseling, or at least having your family to talk to! Depression and eating disorders are things you should not have to cope with alone, so at least get yourself some help from your parents and look at your options.

Also, if you talk to them, you might be able to ask them to start having less binge-triggering foods in the house. For me, I only binge on particular foods, so maybe ask your parents to keep these out of your house and try to keep more healthy foods so at least if you're triggered to binge, it's better to have a couple of cucumbers than two bags of crisps/chips. Also, if you ever want to binge, you can try out some other coping mechanisms for eating disorders right here. It's a thread I started a long time ago when I was triggered, so I still recommend it now.

Good luck, feel free to reach out to TeenHelp at anytime!

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Waterlil33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ana

Re: I'm so lost~ Please help - June 14th 2012, 04:32 AM

Aww, thanks, guys. You are all so sweet. I want to talk to my parents, but it' super complicated and its a really long story. I'm looking into the overeating anonymous though. Thanks for the tips.

"And as for the mysteries- they soared to heights he was too tired to climb, on wings he was too weak to grow."

Closed Thread