TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 51,232, Level: 32 Points: 51,232, Level: 32 Points: 51,232, Level: 32

Anorexia voices. - June 13th 2012, 08:34 PM

I was diagnosed with anorexia a couple of years back. I've finally (barely) got myself up to a healthy weight. Only, now I'm here I feel SO disgusting. It's been an incredibly long time since my weight was this high and I really cannot handle it. I want to tear myself apart. I'm managing to eat although I've found myself returning to purging. The feeling of a 'full' stomach makes me furious at myself, it feels as though I'm a failure. I don't feel as though I'll ever be good enough.

I don't honestly know what to do, because I've gained this weight I'm scared to be honest with my counsellor about how badly I'm struggling as I should be better now. I don't think I can recover from this. In my head I'm undeserving of help, how do I even go about 'asking' for help when I feel like this?

Last edited by Coffee.; June 14th 2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Removed triggering prefix :]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15

Re: Anorexia voices. - June 14th 2012, 01:56 AM

Hey there Hollie. Sorry to hear your struggling
I suggest trying to write a letter, I think you wouldn't be as anxious, it won't be as akward, and you can write what you want to say. Somewhere, in the back of your mind, you know you need help. So try and think about what to say for a few days, so it won't take long to write, that way the voices won't be as loud.
I hope I helped.
PM or VM me anytime you need anything or wanna talk. I'm always here for you. <3

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Anorexia voices. - June 14th 2012, 06:10 AM

Hey Holly,

First of all, you have been so strong throughout this whole process. Whether or not you realize, just because you have been slipping does not mean that you did not have process on the way there. Think of your feelings a couple of years back, and think about all you've succeeded at. You're been doing GREAT.

Second, eating disorders are complicated. It takes years to get as sick as eating disorders let us get, from the years of the thoughts, the dieting, the way the dieting gets out of control, and of course, the realization that you are at rock bottom. It does not take overnight to get back up to the top, and get healthy again, it is a process, and it's going to take longer than you may like. In two years, you're physically been able to regain a lot you have lost, but you still have work to do about accepting your body the way it is supposed to be.

Your counselor will know this is true, and know that it'll take longer to make you completely "better" and they will understand and give you ways to help you! Let them know exactly your feelings, exactly where the habits are going, and get the help you deserve. You've gotten this far, back up to a healthy weight, and you can be happy again!

Good luck!

something burning?
Closed Thread