TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17

Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 03:25 AM

I am starting to think I have an eating disorder. I have fat stomach and I'm [EDITED] pounds and I am 5'1 and have this major fat issue with my stomach and since being on a BC my mom said I lost weight. I don't believe her and I look in the mirror and see myself and this fucking ugly fat hanging off my stomach.

But I eat fine and I'm not a person who eats a lot or snacks on things. I don't drink much soda or anything to drink for that matter. But what is wrong with me? Why do I still feel fat?

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

Last edited by Coffee.; August 24th 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, it is against Code of Conduct, regardless if you edit some of it out. Thanks! :]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I need you now.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ash

Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 03:28 AM

Well I'm not a professional but from personal experience with myself and my friend (who had an ED) most people with eating disorders only think about there weight. For instance, if I'm eating something I'm thinking, "how much fat is in this? How many calories??" you also limit yourself to eating. Some people purge (throw up) binge (eat lots of food) and starve (don't let themselves eat).
Hope this helped
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingSickness View Post
Well I'm not a professional but from personal experience with myself and my friend (who had an ED) most people with eating disorders only think about there weight. For instance, if I'm eating something I'm thinking, "how much fat is in this? How many calories??" you also limit yourself to eating. Some people purge (throw up) binge (eat lots of food) and starve (don't let themselves eat).
Hope this helped
I just feel like just starving myself till my body feels right for me. Just lie and say I'm not hungry.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I need you now.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ash

Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12 Points: 7,416, Level: 12

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 03:33 AM

That does sound like you could be developing an eating disorder...thats pretty much what happened to me.
I would try and put a stop to this before you develope an eating disorder and cant stop. There are healthier ways to diet then starving yourself, if your concerned about your weight then you should seek out a doctor to ask about healthy diets.
You know I'm here for you whenever you need me.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingSickness View Post
That does sound like you could be developing an eating disorder...thats pretty much what happened to me.
I would try and put a stop to this before you develope an eating disorder and cant stop. There are healthier ways to diet then starving yourself, if your concerned about your weight then you should seek out a doctor to ask about healthy diets.
You know I'm here for you whenever you need me.
I have made up my mind. I'm just going to starve myself. My mom says I'm "not" fat but who cares I'm fat, ugly and unloveable. Maybe I'll be happy to finally fit into a size (Edited) pants and look sexy in shorts and not have my fat ass hanging out.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; August 24th 2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Clothing sizes are against the rules on TH
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
crazychick10793 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Vicky

Points: 9,908, Level: 14 Points: 9,908, Level: 14 Points: 9,908, Level: 14

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 05:12 AM

first of all, weight numbers are not allowed here......secondly....from a standpoint of someone who has been diagnosed, please get some help before it's too late! ED is never the answer
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Re: Eating disorder or something else? - August 24th 2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychick10793 View Post
first of all, weight numbers are not allowed here......secondly....from a standpoint of someone who has been diagnosed, please get some help before it's too late! ED is never the answer
There is no hope for me! My parents will drag me to someone when I haven't ate in 5 days. What is a way it can seem like I ate but flush food down the toilet.

Closed Thread