TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Captain_jack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 05:30 PM

lateley ive decided to get fit, eat right and such...

I seem to think im doing well throughout the day, like i go the whole day without food, but when it comes to dinner (which i kinda have to eat coz someone else has made it) i eat my dinner, then usually something for dessert and from then on im hooked and just spend the whole evening eating. AAGH i hate it, its like i can go without eating, but i can't moderate. once i eating SOMETHING, i continue to frickin eat...

Its really getting me down and frustrated. you don't know how much i WANT to, NEED to be fit, thin and healthy. But i need to do something to controll myself. help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bethie Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bethie

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 05:41 PM

Just going to point out, not eating at all through out the day is hardly 'doing good' and 'being healthy'.

It is also most likely your problem. You jumped head first into an attempt to lose weight asap and therefore have rushed your diet. By not eating throughout the day you're getting hungrier and hungrier and finally when you're coming home your losing your temporary control and over eating to make up for the fact you haven't eaten all day.

Bottom line is you don't have an eating disorder, so not eating is a stupid idea [it's stupid anytime] and will end up in you gaining even more weight when you go home and binge, which most likely leads to you eating even more than had you eaten slowly through the day.

Try and work out a diet plan, with less calories than you normally eat but enough so you're not starving. Encorporating excercise would also be a good idea.

Good luck X
  Send a message via AIM to Bethie  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Captain_jack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 05:50 PM

thanks...

I am excercising. And i know not eating during the day is bad. but on days where i do, like, have breakfast, i find that it just starts me off for eating the WHOLE day through..... so i try to put it off. i know eating little and often is better. but i still go home of an evening (having breakfasted and lunched) and find my self unable to stop after dinner. grrrr. i know how to be healthy, im just no good at it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 06:01 PM

First of all, I think it's great you're trying to be healthy and I know it isn't healthy to do. Don't think of it as something that NEEDS to be done or else. Think of it as improving something that is already wonderful. Think of it as a lifestyle change. Honestly, when I first started getting healthy, it was hard for me to turn down peoples offers for food. I couldn't stick to it. You're allowed to treat yourself, you know. You don't have to eat everything low cal and such. That being said, cutting back slowly will be a much better plan. It's no fun having food as an enemy. Maybe you could try to write down a visual plan of your eating for that day. Then you have something to visually remind you. After you see some results, it'll be much easier to stick to things because you know it can be done. :] I hope this helped a little bit. If you need to talk more about this, feel free to ask or PM me anytime :]. Take care.

~Stay strong and have faith~

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 06:01 PM

You might want to buy a portion control plate [clickie]. Fill it up once at dinner and after you're done know that you are not eating any more. But make sure to eat a good balanced breakfast and lunch as well.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 07:24 PM

theres no point in not eating. it doesnt get you anywhere. you should know that.. ive told you enough times. you dont want to practically ask to get a big issue with food.
your making this alot more important then it is Tracy! its something your prioritising when other things should come first as ive said to you before. you look fine, you look great.. so why all the fuss. you know i love you x

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 11th 2009, 10:14 PM

I reckon you're eating a lot at supper time because you have been starving your body of vital nutrients and such all day. Your body knows what you need, so when you deprive it of those things you have cravings. You might tend to eat unhealthy foods because of this.

Eating a well-balanced breakfast and lunch will help you to eat a healthy dinner and cut down on snacking, as well. If your body feels you have provided it with everything it needs, it won't urge you to eat more.

If you're feeling like this is controlling you, you may want to consider talking to a counselor about it. You deserve to live a healthy life, and it's not healthy to restrict.

Feel free to let me know if you need to talk, ever.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Why can't i stop eating??? - January 12th 2009, 08:57 AM

either way you dont need to lose any weight. we've spoken about this and you need to tone up a little. though i understand why your complaining. i weigh loads more then you and you constantly say im not fat.. so whats the difference!
i love you. not eating the other meals is obviously going to make you eat more later on. also you dont eat meals which you need to, snacking all day is going to make you take in alot more then you would have eating proper meals.

[x] Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You wont try for me, not now,
Though I'd die to know you love me,

I'm all alone,

Isn't something missing?
Isnt someone missing me [x]

Baby, i want you to be my superman.
  Send a message via MSN to xxCookiiexMonsterxx  
Closed Thread