TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Ellie

Screaming so loudly I don't know why am I not heard. - November 9th 2012, 06:05 PM

I hate being this sick. So I'm not only battling with my bipolar, the meds, and my parents but I'm also fighting with my body image as well as the return of bulimia. Yesterday mom took me to eat at Sweet Tomatoes and after done eating from their delicious buffet, I went to the restaurant bathroom and purged it all! Today I haven't eaten and I don't know if I want to eat. I should but I just don't feel like eating. I look at myself in the mirror and I feel that no matter how cute and stylish I may dress myself up, I AM STILL UGLY!

Last edited by SparklingWine; November 12th 2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Removing un-necessary prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Honey Muffin Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kamrin

Re: Screaming so loudly I don't know why am I not heard. - November 10th 2012, 08:35 AM

hey, I hear you

Not feeling attractive is one of the worst feelings...like you can't escape the mirror & not feeling like theres any point in trying to look good anymore. I know how you feel. It's all about accepting ourselves which can be one of the hardest things to do. Is there any way you can talk to your mom or anyone about this? Does she know you've dealt with this in the past? You need to know you're not ugly. I wish I could tell you that in person! We're all like flowers..different, but beautiful in our own ways. I hope you can look at yourself & see that someday. Your post touches me because the last sentence reminds me of myself & no matter how many people tell us we're beautiful, we'll never believe it until we see that for ourselves. Stay strong I'm here for you

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Screaming so loudly I don't know why am I not heard. - November 10th 2012, 08:49 AM

Hey Ellie,

Recovery is a process, and it's not going to come easily. At least you know that you have a problem, that is a very important first step.

You're seeing a therapist for this and your bipolar, right? Have you talked about all of your recovery options? What steps are you currently taking for your ED recovery? I'm just wanting to know so I can further give you advice for getting through this thing for good. We're here for you, stay strong!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Ellie

Re: Screaming so loudly I don't know why am I not heard. - November 10th 2012, 09:10 PM

Honey Muffin:

Unfortunately I can't talk to my mom about it because knowing her, she will laugh in my face about this situation. The only person that know that I deal with Bulimia and Anorexia is my best friend. She found out back in 2005 by accidently seeing me puke in her bathroom with no lock on the door. I'm over [edited]LBS and my mom and dad will just laugh in my face about me having an eating disorder.

Masterpiece:

I'm only seeing a therapist about my bipolar. I haven't really spoken to many people about my eating disorders because like I said to Honey Muffin, me being more on the obese side people will laugh in my face if I tell them that I purge my food or sometimes not eat at all. I will talk to her about recovery options, though I think they all will say that I am just acting up.

Last edited by SparklingWine; November 10th 2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Posting weight figures is against the CoC

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Honey Muffin Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kamrin

Re: Screaming so loudly I don't know why am I not heard. - November 11th 2012, 08:46 AM

I'm sorry you feel your mother wouldn't take it seriously. & to laugh at you? that's just pathetic if she actually did react that way. Mothers are supposed to be there for their children & help them when they need it. Try talking to your best friend. She knows you better than any of us & I'm sure she'd be there for you. I know it's nothing to be joking about & I'm only a message away if you need a friend.♥

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Closed Thread