TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Weight gain making me sad - December 13th 2012, 01:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I had to start I knew birth control for a short amount of time after my miscarriage in nov. I have taken several kinds before and have never had so much weight gain as I have with this kind. It is horrible I have gained [EDITED] pounds just since thursday it makes me so depressed and makes me want to stop eating... I know I need to get better though if I want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy why is this so hard

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil

Last edited by Coffee.; December 13th 2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are triggering and against Code of Conduct. :) Thanks!
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 13th 2012, 10:05 AM

I'm sorry gorgeous, just think about that kid you want, the moment when you hold them in your arms. It's worth putting on a little bit of weight, but I bet you carry it well. You are beautiful, lovely, don't ever forget that and don't let the mirror nor the scales show you whose boss, YOU are the boss of YOU, so don't worry about your weight!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 14th 2012, 03:25 PM

I think it would be a good idea to evaluate which you want more. Healthy pregnancy or unhealthy weight loss. To me, a healthy child completely outweighs an unhealthy weight loss. And to be quite honest, you'd have an unhealthy pregnancy if you starved yourself for a long period of time. Not eating screws with your periods and hormones. Is there any other birth control that you can be on that doesn't cause weight gain, but still ensures you to have a healthy pregnancy? Also, do you exercise at all? It's okay to exercise healthily if you're eating healthy. That would probably make you feel a bit better about yourself. Try not to get yourself down about weight gain. We're meant to carry a bit more extra weight anyhow, I think. I think it's important you learn to love your body and hold on to WHY you're on this BC in the first place. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 18th 2012, 02:41 PM

I just finished the last pack of the bc the dr had wanted me through 2 packs and then stop taking it. Well I just finished the last pack last week and I am starting lose some of the extra weight I had put on while on it. I am able to eat healthy and not gain extra this last week so that makes me feel better. Also, hopefully since I stuck with the medication plan like the dr wanted instead of quitting it like I wanted too I will have a healthier pregnancy next time I really hope so atleast. I just keep trying to tell my self that I have to be a healthy weight to have a healthy baby.. I think I can do it for a child easier than just for the health of myself

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 18th 2012, 11:59 PM

Hey there,

I think that everyone is right and a healthy pregnancy is so very important. I know that this is hard and I know there are a lot of ups and downs that come along with being pregnant/wanting to try and conceive but remember that this little tiny baby you are trying to conceive needs nutrients so that it can grow and be healthy.

Do you have anyone that you can talk to about these feelings you are having? Also, have you ever considered looking into getting a dietitian? I know one or two people who went to a dietitian while they were pregnant and it helped them to maintain healthy eating patterns throughout the pregnancy.

I hope this helped in someway and if you need anything please feel free to pm/vm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 20th 2012, 03:17 AM

Thank you! I have a trainer at the gym I started going to that gives me a diet plan to take in the right amount of calories and to exercise the right amount and not to much, I tend to have a bad habit of over doing the exercise if I don't have someone to stop me, Plus my obgyn has me taking a specific prenatal that should help and i have my weight monitored there. So hopefully if I follow all the orders I am supposed to I can be healthy and have a healthy child *fingers crossed*

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 20th 2012, 06:59 AM

I'm really glad you're seeing somebody about your weight and how to keep it low a healthy way! Everybody has basically said what I would say besides on the birth control; I'd recommend that if you need to go back on birth control to try to find a different brand. What I take has caused no weight gain at all and I've been on it for years, it really does vary, so know that there are many options.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Weight gain making me sad - December 20th 2012, 01:23 PM

Masterpiece,
I was only on the birth control to help after my miscarriage. I recently finished the course the obgyn wanted me to take thank goodness. I can only take certain birth controls for 2 reasons. 1. I have endodemetriousis (cant spell it) so its hard to find one that stops the pain with out making the endo spread. 2. I can only take low dose estrogen because i get Erythema Nodosum, which is really painful knots all over my legs. They take forever to go away and can scar. I am hoping everything goes well and I won't have to worry about birth control for at least 9 months

Closed Thread