TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
For your sake, I'll be okay.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brenna

Irregular Eating Pattern - December 16th 2012, 01:11 PM

Um, I don't feel right about posting this... I don't think I have an ED at all, i just have an irregular eating pattern.

I hate food. It looks at me with all it's little calories and says "hey fat bitch, eat me!"

I eat lunch and dinner when people are around, other wise I feel good when I can last a day without eating more than an apple. I love the look of the calories when they dont get their way...

Most days, though, I eat a few healthy meals. I don't count calories, though I feel I can see them. Some times I throw up my meals afterwards, but more recently I have been really worried about my teeth so i dont throw up the food, unless i have to.

I don't over exercise I keep myself fit, but never too fit...

All I am worried about is that if I continue to not eat and feel good about it, is that I will develop an ED... or if i keep seeing the calories.

I'm really worried.

Sorry if this offends, I don't mean to sound like I have an ED, because it isn't, but it seemed to fit in this post best.

Can anyone help me with my irregular eating pattern?

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.”

Dont be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone..

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.”

~Brenna

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Irregular Eating Pattern - December 17th 2012, 04:06 PM

I would say that it's more than just 'irregular eating patterns'. Though, I'm not a doctor. The thing is, you have a bad relationship with food. You view food as the enemy. Paired with starving, guilty emotions when eating, throwing up after meals, etc, you could be at the start of an Eating Disorder. When it comes to ED's, you don't have to be underweight. You don't have to over exercise. Or starve all the time to have an ED. If it's a mixture of all these different things, then you could be looking at EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified). I'm not saying what you have or giving you a diagnosis. It's something I think you need to look into. Because it could become a lot more serious. It's better to curb these habits while they're manageable. Do you have someone you can talk to about this? You may not think you have a problem now, but it could turn into one and that's the concern here. Try to take care of yourself, and get the help you need. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
For your sake, I'll be okay.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brenna

Re: Irregular Eating Pattern - December 18th 2012, 10:15 AM

Thanks... No i can't tell anyone, but I'll try to fix myself up a bit

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.”

Dont be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone..

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.”

~Brenna

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Spaceman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Irregular Eating Pattern - December 27th 2012, 11:45 PM

It is best to nip this type of behavior and thought patterns in the bud if you can, as the longer you leave dealing with it the harder it will become to stop and the more ingrained. It will effect your life more and more. The fear might be great now to stop, but this will only increase. I do think it would help you to see your doctor or get into some type of therapy. EDs are lonely, secretive beasts.

Closed Thread