TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
byuhgirl Offline
Esther
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Esther

My family drives me crazy - January 2nd 2013, 01:19 AM

Ok, so i'm not close with my family, but i am leaving tomorrow and my dad asked me to spend the night at the house and he would take me to the airport. I just went along with it, but we went out to eat tonight. I wasn't eating very much, but he kept staring at me. I just wanted to yell out at him to leave me alone, obviously i'm not that bad because i'm so fat. It just makes me feel so crazy and I just want to restrict more now. I've already lost quite a bit of weight, but i just want to be at a lower healthy weight. I'm not really planning on getting into an unhealthy place again, but why doesn't understand that him staring at me just makes it harder? I know this isn't really a question thing, but it's just a vent session haha.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: My family drives me crazy - January 15th 2013, 07:50 PM

Im sorry things are tough for you :/:/

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: My family drives me crazy - January 15th 2013, 09:52 PM

I'm sorry I don't have access to my laptop right now so I'll try to get back to you more thoroughly tomorrow, but I just wanted to mention a few things.

it's likely you're dad is just really worried. Whatever your weight, not eating is incredibly, incredibly dangerous. You don't need to be sick thin to die of an eating disorder- everyone's body gives up at different times. A lot of the time people think they aren't doing serious harm to their bodies because they aren't 'thin' and this is just all part of being ill. having an eating disorder means something isn't right in your brain and this can cause a disordered view of reality.

if you're already at a healthy weight, why do you need to lose more? You' 're beautiful- never forget that. <3

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My family drives me crazy - January 15th 2013, 10:11 PM

A vent sesh is okay

First, I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. These things are hard, and they aren't easy, by any means. First, you don't have to be thin to have an Eating Disorder. Things can be bad no matter what size you are. You're experiencing negative emotions with eating, which is a problem right there. Eating is essential and a requirement to be healthy AND happy. Don't ever minimize your problems. You're worth more than that. <3

Second, there are healthier ways to lose weight. If you want to be at a normal weight, why not lose the weight normally and healthily? You can easily eat healthy foods and exercise to lose a bit of excess weight. It's so much easier to do then restrict and such.

Your dad probably is worried for you. And that is why he is staring. He cares. If he didn't care, he wouldn't notice. Perhaps you can talk to him and express to him what you're going through. Because your voice deserves to be heard. If he isn't helping, tell him how he can help. Besides, I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to him anyways. You're struggling. You need people to help you. Because if doing it by yourself was working for you, you'd be in a different spot mentally. Is there anyone you trust to talk to? Counselor, teacher, family friend, etc? It's important that you get the necessary support. to take good care of yourself. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread