TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 3rd 2013, 11:33 AM

Well lately i have been feeling like food is disgusting to me.
I feel like it will ruin me , so i dont eat it, well i have spent 2 day barely eating anything under this feeling . Do I have a disorder .
Please help.
It has been making me pretty sad and depressed as well, i feel bad about myself , and i feel rejected and lonely.
I have some un-explainable sadness going off .

Last edited by SparklingWine; January 4th 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Removing un-necessary prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 4th 2013, 12:29 PM

Hey there,

It seems rather plausible that you DO have disordered eating, and I'd suggest you possibly get to the root of why you feel this way against food, or you could see a therapist and talk it out,

Good luck,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 4th 2013, 04:39 PM

Hey,

We aren't professionals here, so I can't diagnose you with anything- you'll need someone who's been to medical school for that, as opposed to a geordie lass who has read a lot of medical books.

I know it sounds difficult, but I think you need to change the way you think of food. It's not some impure thing that will "ruin" you, or cause you to gain weight, or become out of control- it's the very essence of life. It's what keeps us alive, what enables us to be able to live. We need food, and we depend on it. That's just how life is, and we can't change that. If you want to live, you have to eat. Simple. Eat at home, eat in a hospital, or die. No other options there, unfortunately.

Not eating is gonna have a negative mental effect on you. The inexplicable sadness? The feeling bad about yourself? Very likely linked to lack of food. There was a study a long time ago that deprived healthy individuals of food, and recorded the results. One of the most surprisingly results was that starvation caused depression in a lot of cases.

Pull yourself out of this while you still can- or better yet, talk to your parents, or a doctor. Get some help and support, and get your life back.

Laura x

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 4th 2013, 09:18 PM

Food isn't bad for you. That's just it. You need it to survive. You're not supposed to be eating more than necessary, because then it could be unhealthy. (Chips, candy in excessive amounts). Look at food as nutrition. Start calling it that in your mind. Instead of eating food, you're eating nutrition. You're fueling your body with it. Because I think we can all agree that our bodies require nutrition. So if it helps to think about it like that, then do that. I think that the negative emotions you are feeling can be chalked up to not eating. Food is essential. Not only that, but food (or nutrition rather) is going to help you to feel better about yourself and is going to help you ultimately, and most importantly, stay healthy.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rainy.Eyes Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cristian Mercado

Re: I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 6th 2013, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the support guys i feel a bit better and ived still have been feeling like that but im forcing myself to eat because i know i need it

thanks

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I have been feeling like i food is disgusting me.... - January 6th 2013, 04:45 PM

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I suggest talking to someone about this though, that way you can feel good about eating. Not just eating because its good for you. You deserve to feel good when you eat <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread