TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tara Leigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara leigh

Question January 13th 2013, 09:28 PM

Ive only just moved away from all my friends.. Since then ive been worried about my shape and size as i need to fit in.. My body seems to be getting small but is not enough. I do not have scales and do not know my height but i can feel my spin through my stomache, all the people at my new school are saying i must be anorexic but i dont know. I eat... Sometimes, i never eat at school and try to make excuses not to at home, sometimes it works sometimes not. My parents dont really worry as i wesr baggy tops so you cant see my size and shape but when they hug me they say im too skinny and they are gonna take me to the doctors... Im scared, am i anorexic? What should i do please help.. I only just turned 13 today btw so i need help.. thank you

Please someone tell me what you think... Is anyone else like me... Im like crying right now,, im scared and frighhtened about it... Why aint i normal?

Last edited by SparklingWine; January 13th 2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Merging multiple posts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Am i anorexic - January 13th 2013, 09:46 PM

From what you're saying, it sounds possible. Although none of us can definitely give you a diagnosis. If you're that worried about going to the doctors about this, the try to work on gaining some weight back so that you don't have to worry about that.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tara Leigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara leigh

Re: Am i anorexic - January 13th 2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsfan2012 View Post
From what you're saying, it sounds possible. Although none of us can definitely give you a diagnosis. If you're that worried about going to the doctors about this, the try to work on gaining some weight back so that you don't have to worry about that.
I have been trying soo hard but when i put food in my mouth i think about buckets of fat inside me and the i spit it out.. Everyone is nagging me and nagging me to gain weight but i dont even think it possible... Im soo self consious since i moved especiously as im ginger.. I hate it so much i get laughed at and everything.. People joke and call me fat and sometimes i think they are serious and wont eat for a week... Bt i guess that eating is my best shot! Thank you for tpyour time and help

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Am i anorexic - January 18th 2013, 03:16 PM

I'm not going to diagnose you because I'm not a doctor, and your parents are planning to take you to a doctor any how. But to me, it sounds like you have very disordered eating. Starving yourself, wearing the baggy clothes, the constant thought of your weight, and fear of gaining weight are pretty strong signs that you have disordered eat. And this a cause for concern. You are 13. You are far to precious to even begin to hate yourself. You sound like you're a very lovely girl, and very beautiful. I think you need to talk to someone about this. Your parents, I think you should tell them what you told us. Let them help you. You are their daughter and they love you. You don't want a Eating Disorder. You really don't. It's evil and it will take your life. So please, talk to someone about this. Don't let things get out of hand. K? Keep smilin' <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Am i anorexic - January 18th 2013, 05:32 PM

I wrote out a long reply to this just as the site crashed -.- Attempt two.

First of all. Breathe. Everything is going to be okay, I promise you. Look after yourself; treat yourself as a small, frightened child. Wrap yourself up warm, cuddle up early with a good book or tv, have hot drinks, get enough sleep and eat enough. Look after yourself.

Okay. What you need to know is that you really are beautiful, and so young. I'd do pretty much anything to stop you suffering like this, this horrible, horrible illness needs to leave you alone. But I can't make it go away. Neither can Lynds. Neither can your parents. The only person who can make that choice to get better is YOU. You can choose to get better, and you can make this go away. How do you do that? One of the steps is eating, eating enough to not only repair the damage you've already done to your body, but also for growth (you're still young, darling) and maintance. Just to keep yourself alive, you need a lot of food- and you know this, I'm not going to patronize you. Without food, you'll die, your body will just give up, and you don't have to be sickly skinny for this to happen. It can happen at any weight. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm trying to shock you out of this. You have so much to live for, so much to fight for, so much to look forward to. Don't let this illness take that away from you.

Parents. Talk to them. You know you need and deserve support, so bite the bullet and talk to them. Write a letter, sing a song- it doesn't matter, just let them know you need help. You can do this. Baby steps.

I'm here whenever, okay? Chin up

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread