TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
whatwhy me Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Angry :( - January 15th 2013, 10:27 PM

I dont really know how I can tell someone I have anorexia today I was going to tell my guidance consular but I just couldn't I dont know what to do right now. Does anyone know what I should do? I cant think straight anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: :( - January 15th 2013, 10:53 PM

It's a lot better to tell someone than to keep it to yourself. Your guidance counselor is there to help you and can give you advice and support. You will feel a whole lot better having others to support and help you rather than feeling alone and suffering in silence. I just recently told my friend about my eating disorder and she has been very supportive and helpful to me. I now feel a lot less alone, I like the feeling of having someone care about me and look out for me, so I think that telling someone, even just a close friend, is a good idea. Message me anytime if you wanna talk, I've been there <3 Stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: :( - January 16th 2013, 12:21 AM

I know it's hard telling someone you have an eating disorder but it's the right thing to do so you can get help for it. I would try and tell her again but if you can go through with it maybe write everything down that you want to tell her and give it to her. I hope this helped and if you ever need to talk just know im always here for you pm me anytime.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: :( - January 16th 2013, 07:50 AM

Hey Sara,

I'm glad that you have the courage to go towards recovery and get help! It's a long road to this place, and it's wonderful that you've seen the light. <3

I'd recommend writing a letter. This way, you can take the time to write exactly what you need to say without all the emotional baggage. Be completely, brutally 100% honest. There is no point nor benefit to holding back details. Express yourself and let them know exactly what you need. Create your support system; it might be beneficial to tell a friend at school or two in order to reach out and to be held responsible to eating. Your body is important and needs the food.

Stay strong, good luck, we're here for you.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: :( - January 18th 2013, 02:57 PM

I think it's awesome you're thinking of telling someone. The more support the better! Talking to people can be extremely hard. You don't know how they're going to react, you don't know what they'll do or who they will tell, etc. This is a huge risk. However, The pros outweigh the cons if you let them. I think you should try and possibly write the guidance counselor a letter, like Traci said. For me, I've always had more success in writing letters. It allows me to get everything I need to say down. That, and I have a hard time verbalizing my emotions. I think it's definitely something to consider. You never know unless you try. Good luck!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: :( - January 25th 2013, 02:33 PM

Hi Sara.
This choice, no one else can make. Though yes, we are here to give the most support and advice humanly possible, but its all up too in the end.
It is always better to tell someone! Guidance counselors are a great person to tell, because they only want to help you. Its okay to not think straight, obviously, tons of us can't think straight sometimes too. I know I never can. But if you're having enough strength to even want help, then you should follow your heart and search for your own rescue. Rescue is possible, and people care about you. They'll be there to help, as will we stay strong

Closed Thread