TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KeyofHeart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

It came back.. - January 18th 2013, 09:11 PM

So I remember a year or so ago I had an episode where I purged one time because I was sick.

Now, it ame back this week and I purged once to try to lose weight, and I've been trying to starve myself and I also attempted again last night, but it didn't work.

I'm trying to recover from whatever is happening, but every time I eat a fatty food, I look at a toilet and just sit there and I just want to throw it all up.
I am not in the situation to get help. Some of my friends know.

Now, right now I need advice on how to be a better bulimic. I can't get any advice on recovery, because I've looked into it and for the time being ,until I can get help I need to make it the most healthy way possible.

I am not looking for comments on how I am beautful or how I shouldn't be doing this, just please give me better ways on how to be bulimic. Really, thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
USDcounselor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: It came back.. - January 19th 2013, 05:37 AM

i dont think this forum's purpose is to teach teens to be a better bulimic or give advice to teens ways to harm themselves...this site is to encourage each other...not to push someone down further into their issues. i'm sure if you tried you can find something online...but you are on a teen help site...i am taking it as a sign to seek some sort of help...even if its subconsciously.

if you are stressed out at the moment or feeling really anxious about something and utilizing purging as way to cope...i get it...but also look into why you are utilizing that as a coping skill instead of something else that is more positive.

know that purging is not only unhealthy but afterwards you will still feel depressed and often self-blame, feel deep guilt and fearful about your body.

think about why you are doing it...or why you want to do it...family? societal pressure? etc.

and also please please reach out...talk to someone. there are a lot of groups/support out there! including this site!
  Send a message via AIM to USDcounselor  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: It came back.. - January 19th 2013, 12:34 PM

If you wait until you're "ready" to recover, or for the time to be right, you'll die before you get there.

I'm sorry if this post comes across as harsh- please know that really isn't my intention, but I want to shatter the illusion this eating disorder is pulling over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

You see, there is no way to make an eating disorder safer. That's like trying to keep the "good" parts of the eating disorder (the parts you want) and getting rid of the bad points. This person from tumblr put it better than I did :
Quote:
I think when you decide to recover from an Eating disorder, you need to realise that there are elements of it you will miss and that’s OK.

It’s like leaving an abusive relationship. You don’t want to be bullied and hit any more, but you know you’re going to miss having someone else in the bed with you, someone to hug at the end of a long day.

Your disorder has been serving a purpose so of course there are parts of it you’d like to hold on to. But like the abusive relationship, you have to accept that letting go of the good bits is essential to finding your freedom.

I'll put it to you bluntly- this eating disorder will kill you. Bulimia will kill you. Purging will rot your teeth, tear your esophagus, cause internal bleeding, mess up the balance of electrolytes in your body, weaken your heart, cause your digestive system to basically fuck up, causing problems like IBS, weakened bowel muscles, constipation, diarrhea, mess up ALL of you vital organs...it's a way of death. You don't need to be sickly skinny to die from an eating disorder. Most people aren't. The stress put on your body is unreal. You need to stop this as soon as you can, and don't for one second think I'm belittling the sheer hell, the sheer battle and bravery it will take to do this. But it IS possible.

How to make it healthier? You can't. How to make recovery easier? Read this (really, it's brilliant ). Anytime you want to binge/purge/engage in some kind of eating disordered behavior, click on these first:
Rawr
Meow
http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/7-of-...ndant-moments/
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1SD84v...com/multicolr/
Last one

Really, distraction is key. Find some random websites you love, bookmark them, and when you're triggered, look at them. (:

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, but I hope this helped a little. I'm always here if you want to talk, chin up <3

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: It came back.. - January 23rd 2013, 07:54 PM

Laura covered it amazingly. This is the harsh reality of it. It will kill you. And it won't just happen right away, it will be a slow painful death. These eating disorders suck the life out of you slowly but surely. It just is what it is. Have you ever met someone who was happy AND have an ED? If they ARE happy, their bodies aren't and they are probably in denial. No one here is allowed to tell you how to be a better bulimic. This site is meant to encourage positive and healthy behaviour. What you're participating in is neither positive or healthy. And maybe you aren't ready to recover, which is fine. Please take into consideration what we've said. Please get help. You're worth more than your ED. And you're beautiful. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
byuhgirl Offline
Esther
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Esther

Re: It came back.. - January 27th 2013, 09:29 AM

healthy way to be bulimic...hun you're fooling yourself. I have the organs of an old lady because of my eating disorder. My hearts crap, my digestive system hates me, I gain all my weight in the lower part of my stomach (looks like i'm pregnant and I can't stop it!), my esophagus is a mess, and I had to whiten my teeth a bunch to get them as beautiful as they are now. Plus, the cavities were awful and they notice it, especially when you had never had one and you just start showing up with them. I know it's hard, but recovery is worth it, I'm not the best example because I still have problems with it. However, i'm trying and I think you should too. So if anyone pm's you with how to do this in a healthy way they are lying to themselves. There is no healthy way and you will regret it for the rest of your life until you find out what's broken in your life.

Closed Thread