TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mangalover211 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

help??? - January 25th 2013, 10:13 PM

i started cutting my legs about 5-6 months ago, and havent ate much for the past few months. my friends and teachers have started to notice, and im starting to wonder what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: help??? - January 26th 2013, 05:31 PM

Firstly, you should take a look at the list of Alternatives to Self Harm. This list includes options to cope with low moods that are healthier than physically harming yourself.
As for not eating, remember that it's important to get proper nutrition every day. Not only will the vitamins help you to feel your best (and happier!), but certain foods even have endorphins which improve your mood, such as chocolate. Depriving yourself of food tends to only make people feel worse as you'll feel more tired and weak. Instead of starving yourself, you should make a plan of healthy foods to eat instead. This way, you'll stay healthy and at a healthy weight for your height, and you'll feel better about yourself.
I think it would be best for you to start talking about this to someone you trust, especially if people are starting to take notice. Do you have a good friend or a family member that you trust? Just having someone whose there for you and supports you with your problems can really help you to recover.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mangalover211 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: help??? - January 27th 2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole! View Post
....Do you have a good friend or a family member that you trust? Just having someone whose there for you and supports you with your problems can really help you to recover.
I actually dont.

Closed Thread