TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VioletRavenwood Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Villi Twilli
Gender: reincarnated buterfly winged unicorn that breaths fire when squeezed

dont wana purge! - January 30th 2013, 11:26 PM

Ok i dont want to get a rant abou being anorexic, but i am normaly eating about (edited) cals per day and to day i binged...and ate alot :`(. i dot want purge. in my head being anorexic is better than being bulimic idk the lesser of two evils i guess but more inportantly i DO NOT want to purge buti am soooo tempted. i can feel the food coming back up any destraction tips...

Last edited by SparklingWine; February 2nd 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Please don't post calorie figures. Thanks :); removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: dont wana purge! - January 31st 2013, 01:26 AM

Try going for a walk while listening to music, or go hang out with somebody, this always helps distract me and walking makes me feel a bit better after eating. Everybody's different, but this could help you as well.

You can PM me whenever

(#3 (permalink)) Old
VioletRavenwood Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Villi Twilli
Gender: reincarnated buterfly winged unicorn that breaths fire when squeezed

Re: dont wana purge! - February 1st 2013, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the ideas, i stope my self in a semi-childish way i ran on to my room and didnt let my self leave my bed silly but it worked...=」

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: dont wana purge! - February 1st 2013, 10:03 PM

Hey =)

Okay, firstly well done for reaching out to us, I know it's not an easy thing to do

Secondly, I hate to go all science-y on you, but the reason for the binging urges is your body panicking because it's starving. A lot of people don't make the link, but actually, if you eat enough, the binging urges will probably go. =) I know that is not by any means easy, god anything but, but scientifically speaking, binge urges are one of the effects caused by not eating enough, as is your heart slowing, organ failure, death...y'know, all that nice stuff we're all told about

As for not purging, I think you're right and I really admire you for realising that purging isn't good for you, and it's a really good idea to distract yourself from those thoughts. Cassie gave you some good ideas :') You could also try here for a list of distractions and alternatives you could use.

Head up <3

Take as long as you need.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread