TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lady24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kar

wtfrig... - February 22nd 2013, 02:55 PM

I seriously wann starve myself too depressed... Feels like i could yell and no one would hear me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: wtfrig... - February 22nd 2013, 04:08 PM

Hey,

Sounds like you're struggling a lot right now, and for that I'm sorry. I know when you're depressed it can seem like nothing matters, and that you just don't care about the effects of the things you're doing. I did some pretty wacky shit when I was depressed. I now regret a lot of it because I'm in a better place. I know it might not seem like you're ever gonna feel better, and that things are always going to be this bad, but you're wrong: life never stays the same, ever. Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. One day, you're gonna feel better, and I don't want you to regret the things you've done. Starving causes some pretty horrible damage to your body. Sometimes, I gag whenever I try to eat, I lose my appetite, my digestion system is fucked, from the top of my esophagus right down to my ass. It's nowhere near pretty, and these things have a negative impact on my life. I'd be even happier now if I didn't have to deal with this stuff, I regret doing it.

Starving will basically put you in more of a rut, sweetheart. It'll be harder to climb out, and you really don't need anything else going on right now. Is there anyone you can talk to about how you're feeling right now?

Head up,

Laura

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lady24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wtfrig... - February 22nd 2013, 05:54 PM

I dont care... Its all the same... I have a few friends but i dont wanna talk to them...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: wtfrig... - February 22nd 2013, 08:45 PM

People on teenhelp is very concerned about you and how you must be hurting inside.
You need help from your parents or some other adult who can assist you in finding the right professional help. Depression and eating disorders are treated by therapists, medical doctors, and psychiatrists, often working as a team to help people to become emotionally and physically healthy. If you feel like you cannot go to your parents, then try talking to someone else such as your pediatrician, a school guidance counselor, school nurse or a teacher. Tell them what you have told here and that you need professional help. They can link you up to the services you need.

You are not alone, many teenagers become depressed and need help. Matter of fact, some forms of depression have a biological basis that often begins to show up during the teen years. This does not mean that you will feel this sad all of your life. Through therapy and maybe medication, you can work through your thoughts and feelings. This can help you to feel better over time.

Your not eating, wanting to be alone and feeling out of control is a way of demonstrating how sad you are feeling. Starving yourself, one sign of an eating disorder, is usually related to having a low self-esteem. It is also fairly common for people with eating disorders to have some signs of depression. TeenHelp believes that you are good and your life is worth it.

Get help immediately!

Last edited by Cassie999; February 22nd 2013 at 08:51 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lady24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wtfrig... - February 23rd 2013, 03:40 AM

I eat here and there but i have no appitite most of the time... And im on antidepressants and seeing a thearipist. I feel so alone. Unwanted...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: wtfrig... - February 23rd 2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady24 View Post
I eat here and there but i have no appitite most of the time... And im on antidepressants and seeing a thearipist. I feel so alone. Unwanted...

Your not alone, ok you might not feel able to talk to your parents because sometimes they can't always help you and understand what your going through but you can talk to me i'm happy to help you get through this.

I was thinking of some ways that can help you not feel depressed, is to eat healthy it changes the mood.

Food from nature, tends to be the best source of many of the essential vitamins and minerals the body needs. Fruits and vegetables are packed with B1 and thiamine which have been known for promoting mental well being and helping manage a person's mood.

Try eating some peas and watermelon to help increase the amount of thiamin and B1 vitamins within the body. This well help level the chemicals in the brain and promote a good mood. Eat healthy is important.

Move forward in your life, make your day worth it because if you keep busy and distract yourself you wont have enough time to think about these depressing thoughts and feelings. Buy yourself a new outfit, get your hair done, go to a spa. Pamper yourself. You deserve it.

When people feel depressed they like to take a walk. A walk around a nature center or a hike through the forest. Breath in nature and open your eyes to the beauty of life. Life goes so quickly so you should be thankful to have the opportunity to see and hear things around you. Appreciate the things that you can still do. If you can walk, hear, see, and speak, be happy. Some people never have that opportunity. If you have never been crippled, burned, shot, stabbed, molested, really thank god and be thankful again. And if you have and you have lived through it, believe that there is a reason that you have survived. What has happened to you has made you stronger and your life and survival will have a powerful affect on someone else in your life. Whether you ever even realize it.

Seeking professional help is a good choice. Many people need it and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Life is hard and stressful and there is no reason to let yourself waste the one and only life you will ever have here on this earth.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lady24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wtfrig... - February 23rd 2013, 02:26 PM

I just feel messed up. Worn out. I might start taking vitamins and see how that goes. Ive been thru so much its ridiculous.. I dont really talk to my family. Just my dad. Hes beeb supportive but bit overbearing. Your right i do have a lot to be thankful for

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: wtfrig... - February 23rd 2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady24 View Post
I just feel messed up. Worn out. I might start taking vitamins and see how that goes. Ive been thru so much its ridiculous.. I dont really talk to my family. Just my dad. Hes beeb supportive but bit overbearing. Your right i do have a lot to be thankful for

Being supportive is better then nothing, yes take some vitamins, I'm glad you agree with me, I know your life feels like it sucks at the moment but something new and good might come into your life and takes the depression away. You gone through the bad, worse and sooner or later you will go through the good, and find your happiness in life. You got allot to look forward in life it's staring at you in the face and you just can't see it yet. some antidepressants used for adults can actually make teens feel worse. Understand it, treat it, beat it. Hold tight and be patient.

If you can't find anyone to talk to on teenhelp please come to me I'll be happy to help, still pm me even when i'm offline or online. I know i'm not there offline but I will come back because i'm always here for those who need help. we can do this together if others have gone through it and got through it I don't see why you can't.

Last edited by Cassie999; February 23rd 2013 at 07:53 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
lady24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wtfrig... - February 25th 2013, 12:18 AM

I just ate. And i feel so guilty and crappy about myself...

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: wtfrig... - February 25th 2013, 09:07 AM

Depression would make you feel guilty of eating. You shouldn't feel crappy about yourself but I know you can't help it. Join a support group for depression. Being with others dealing with depression can go a long way in reducing your sense of isolation. You can also encourage each other, give and receive advice on how to cope, and share your experiences. You wont feel alone because your with other people who are in the same boat as you.

Closed Thread